La Porte Elementary
Greetings Leopard Families,
I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving break with your family and loved ones. I know that we all needed the time to relax and reset before these last three weeks of the semester!
As much as we strive to keep things consistent on campus, staying focused on rigorous daily instruction, we do have some fun planned for the students as we step into December.
First of all, check out the "12 Days of Christmas" flyer sent home in your child's folder (and also included at the link below). We have some fun "dress up" days starting tomorrow!
Tomorrow evening, December 1st, is Christmas on Main. We hope to see you all there as we enjoy listening to our 2nd and 3rd graders perform at 5:30pm. There will also be an ice slide and other fun activities for the family.
Next Thursday, December 8th, is our annual Winter Wonderland. A handout about this event should be in your child's folder today (and linked below). Pizza and ticket preorders are due by Tuesday, December 6th.
Classroom celebrations will take place on Thursday afternoon, December 15th. Each class or grade level will be planning their own parties, so be watching for information from your child's teacher.
If you haven't already, make sure you text 81010 to @lpefam to receive text message notifications and reminders of upcoming events.
Thanks to all of you for your support with attendance. We have fewer students coming to school with symptoms, which has really helped decrease the spread of the flu. Working together, we will continue our focus on keeping students safe and healthy.
Looking forward to continued greatness,
Principal, LaPorte Elementary
Ms. Horelka's Counselor's Corner
Hello, LPE Families. Our character trait for the month of December is Kindness. All through the month we will be intentionally thinking about showing kindness to others and just as importantly noticing when others act in kind caring ways. It was very heartwarming to see all the donations our Leopards gave to support the Senior Living Facilities. Even though we were emphasizing how thankful people give back to others, it also showed a great deal of kindness to our senior friends. Thank you for sharing your students with us and modeling kindness to them! As always, please reach out if I can help your student or family.
Save these Dates:
- Christmas on Main
- Winter Wonderland at LPE, 5:30-7:00pm
- Progress Reports available in Home Access
- Written Spelling Bee at LPE (3rd-5th graders who choose to participate)
- LPISD School Board Meeting, 7:00pm
- Fourth grade Traveling Choir fieldtrip
- Classroom Christmas parties (information will come home from your child's teacher)
- Early Release at 11:20am
- Winter break, no school for students
- Beginning of the second semester - Students return to school
- Report cards go home
9th - 10th
- First semester awards (classroom teachers will share schedules)
- Burger Libre Spirit Night (make sure they know you are with LPE)
- PreK Parent Engagement Night (more details to come)
- Campus Oral Spelling Bee
- MLK Day - Student and staff holiday
- Leopard of the Month (by invitation)
- Papa Johns' spirit night (make sure they know you are with LPE)