Millard North HS Announcements
for Thursday, October 12, 2017
Ultimate Frisbee - Ultimate Frisbee Club will meet at Cottonwood Park at 3:45 tomorrow! See you there!
IBDP Juniors – IBDP Juniors should be in Lecture Hall "C" no later than 8:15 AM on Mon., Oct. 16th: Stephanie Burdic, MNHS Librarian, will speak about Academic Integrity in the IB Diploma Program.
Need Service Hours? – Cody Elementary School is looking for High School students who need service hours and interested in watching elementary school students the evening of Monday, October 23rd from 6:00 pm to about 7:15 pm. Please contact Mr. Lundgren if interested.
Healthy High School Challenge - Help Millard North win the Annual Healthy High School Challenge! During October, for every combo meal in the cafeteria, healthy snack, or beverage purchase you make, we earn points toward winning $5,000! We earn DOUBLE POINTS for the featured healthy items each week. Find more information on signs in the cafeteria!
Science Olympiad Team – The Science Olympiad Team will have an organizational meeting this Friday, October 13th in room 2602 right after school. If you want to be on the team this year, please be there. See Mr. Manley for details.
FCCLA - FCCLA is collecting new and gently used socks for Lydia House during the month of October. Place the socks in your second hour teachers Soctober sack. The second hour class with the most socks will be visited by the donut fairy.
Attention Sophomores - If you are interested in applying for Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership, please see Mrs. Reavis in the Administration Office for an application. HOBY’s 3 day state leadership seminar is filled with interactive workshops allowing high school sophomores to develop their leadership skills while experiencing college life! This year’s seminar will be held at Concordia University. All applications are due on Friday, November 3rd.
Club Postings -
· aMNesty Wednesdays, 3:25 – 4 – Room 2160
· Chess Club Wednesdays, 3:25- 4:15 – Room 2613
· Computer Sci Club Mondays, 3:30 – 4:30 – Room 1123
· Diversity Club Mondays, 3:30 – 4:30 – Room 2611
· French Club Every other Tuesday after school – Room 2112
· Gamers Club Fridays, 3:30 – 5:30 – Lecture Hall B
· HOSA 2nd Tuesday 7:20 am/ 2nd Wednesday 3:30 pm – room 2623
· SAGA Wednesdays, 3:30 – 4:30 – Room 1104
· Latin Club Tuesdays, 3:30 – 4:00 – Room 2616
· Math Club Thursdays, 3:30 – Room 1157
· Philosophy Club Wednesdays, 3:30 – Room 2615
· Poetry Club Tuesdays, 3:30 – Room 2149
· Robotics Club Every Morning 7-8 am, Mon & Wed 3:15-4:15 – Room 1211
· SkillsUSA Thursdays, 3:30 – Room 1205 (Industrial Tech area)
· Writer’s Club Wednesdays (1st, 2nd & 4th Weds only), 3:15 – 4:45 – Room 2153
Upcoming College Visits:
Please Note: You must sign up for a college visit through Family Connection even if you have open campus during that time. Click on Colleges tab at top of the page, then click on view all upcoming college visits on the left. Click on "sign up" by the college you wish to sign up for, then you click on "sign me up". After you sign up, please right click and print that page. That will be your pass.
Mon Oct. 16
Tue Oct. 17
Mon Oct. 23
Tue Oct. 24
Wed Oct. 25
Wed Nov 8