At Home in Virginia
Background on Child Abuse
Child abuse is a widely renowned around the country. It is the action of one or more parents beating or hurting the child in any way possible. Most kids that experience this at their home don't tell adult figures in their life such as grandparents or police officers because of the fear that runs through their body. Child abuse can't go left alone.
- 5 children die each day due to child abuse
- 3.6 million cases of child abuse are reported every year in the U.S.
- There are many ways to prevent child abuse, you can always call your state Child Abuse Hotline
What does Child Abuse Result in?
Well many things can result from child abuse but main points include
- Poor School performance
- Crying more often and/or Easily
- Panic attacks or anxiety
- Frequent complaints of headaches and stomaches
- Quickness to anger
- Becoming more clingy and more dependent on certain relations
What types of Child Abuse are there?
There are several types of child abuse, all of which are listed below:
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Physical Abuse
How to stop it?
- Always check to see if the person is doing okay
- See if they have bruises or not
- See if they're constantly crying
- Check up on them periodically
- Always be Supportive
- Make sure their voice is heard