Ms. Shirazi Class Newsletter
Week of September 22nd
If you weren't able to make it, don't worry! We plan to have at least one more play date in the next few months, at the request of many parents/children! :)
See below for more info on that as well as other important info/reminders this week.
Tammie Volk (Ethan's mom)
In the Classroom
- $50 (+/-) Donation to Ms. Shirazi's Class for Supplies
- Volunteering in the Classroom
Aren't able to help clean? Don't fret! Start here for some other ways you can be involved!http://www.jotform.us/form/42377265778166
Upcoming Events & Dates
- Thursday September 25th: NO SCHOOL, Rosh Hashanah
STAR is offering a day camp at Mar Vista Elementary (3330 Granville Ave.) from 9am to 3pm with optional extended care from 7am to 6pm. The price is $30 for STAR Galaxy-enrolled students, $40 for STAR Nova-enrolled students, and $50 for students who do not currently attend STAR classes. See the registration instructions at: http://www.fowhe.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/STARCamp092514.pdf. Email Leah at email@example.com with questions.
- Thursday September 25th: Kix & Soleil Moon Frye, 3:30PM - 5:30PM at the Grove.This is a non-school event, hosted by one of the Kinder parents. A fun event that most of us are attending!
"To celebrate the launch of the new Kix cereal boxes and Kix Adventures, celebrity mom Soleil Moon Frye is hosting an afternoon of storytelling and hands-on crafts for children (ages 2-6) and their parents. To attend the event, please see details below and RSVP, as space will be limited to the first 50 responses.
RSVP no later than September 22nd to Leigh Lehman: firstname.lastname@example.org"
Friday September 26th: Free Dress Day
- Kids can wear whatever they want! (within reason, of course)
Notes from Ms. Shirazi
- On time- School morning bell is at 8:12am and dismissal is at 2:45pm (1:45pm on Tues)
Children are to be at school by or before 8:12am in kindergarten yard and picked up from class at 2:45pm. Being on time will help eliminate any tardies, interruptions, and distractions.
- Parents please say your goodbyes at the kindergarten yard.
Rainy day schedule - children are picked up at the auditorium and walked to class.
Ms. Shirazi has a WISHLIST on Amazon. Please click HERE http://www.amazon.com/?tag=westhollelems-20 first so that West Hollywood Elementary gets profits for any purchases you make... at no additional cost to you!
From there, you can just go to FIND WISHLIST OR REGISTRY and type in JENNIFER SHIRAZI
There you will find her wishlist:
If you have any issues please let me know!
Fundraising Programs For Our School
West Hollywood Elementary is now registered for a Halloween and Party supplies fundraising program! Thanks to our very own Judy Manouchehri (Joshua's Mom)... who is co-chair of the Alternative Funding and Community Outreach at our school!
West Hollywood will receive 15% of all purchases made with our promo code, and the purchaser gets 10% off!!
The site sells party supplies also, and everyone can share the promo code with their friends and family so they get discounts too!!
Our promo code is FUN3600.
- Ralphs Card:
Every time you shop at Ralphs you could be earning a contribution for our school that doesn't cost you a dime. Each fall, Ralphs requires that you re-enroll your cards to select your community contribution.
To re-enroll your Ralphs card:
- Go to ralphs.com
- Click "My Account"
- At the bottom of the screen, click "Enroll" under Community Contributions. Our organization ID is 82163.
See more instructions at Ralphs website. You can also enroll your card for the first time if you're new to the school.
- FRESH & EASY
No more saving receipts to make donations through the Fresh & Easy Shop for Schools program. You can now register your Fresh & Easy Friends card and get up to a 5% donation on each purchase.
To earn each time you shop Fresh & Easy:
- Create an account at escrip.com. Our Supporter ID is 901015159.
- Click the "myEscrip" button on the top menu
- Sign in with our Supporter ID 901015159 or your user ID and your password
- Click the "Cards and Phone Numbers" link
- Select "Fresh & Easy Friends Card" from the menu and enter your card number.
- Update your changes and you're all registered to earn. Easy!