We hope that everyone had a great summer break!
The Professional Development Committee would like to introduce you to our PD newsletter. This newsletter will provide information to Charleston R-1 staff about upcoming district PD, PD opportunities available at Southeast RPDC, and informative articles/links to hot educational topics.
"One Family" Staff Shirts are In and Ready for Pickup!
Additional shirts are available for purchase. Youth sizes are also available. See Amy Brown to purchase additional shirts, tables will also be set up at the Open House nights for each building.
Back to School Agendas
August Professional Development
- 28th- Experienced MAP-A Training
- 29th- Diving Deeper into Grades 3-5 New Expanded MLS in Math Part 1 of 2
September Professional Development
- 5th- Diving Deeper into Grades K-2 Expanded MLS in Math Part 1 of 2
- 10th & 11th- Five Fundamentals for Fact Fluency: Ensuring Every Student Learns Their Facts and Loves Math
- 11th- New to MAP-A Training
- 12th- Teamwork in the IEP Journey Part 1 of 3
- 17th- Trauma Invested Schools: A Culture of Safety and the New 3 Rs
- 23th- Supporting Your Students' Self Regulation
- 27th- Working with Students with Classic Autism
October Professional Development
- 8th- Missouri Connections & the Individual Career and Academic Plan
- 16th- Transition Academy: Charting the Course for the Future Mtg 1 of 3
- 23rd- Diving Deeper into Grades 6-8 Expanded Missouri Learning Standards in Math Part 1 of 2
Professional Development Forms
If you have trouble using this form or completing any of the linked documents, please see one of your building PDC members listed at the bottom of the newsletter.
Know Your Why!
Upcoming District Professional Development
If you are looking for something to add to your summer reading list, we encourage you to read her book, A Framework for Understanding Poverty. The book is available in the teacher resource library at CHS or can be purchased from most major booksellers.
Professional Development Books Available for Teachers
- The First Days of School- Harry Wong
- Visible Learning- John Hattie
- Smart but Scattered- Peg Dawson
- Executive Functioning Disorder- Rebecca Branstetter
- Lost at School- Ross Greene
- Behavior Solutions- Beth Aune
- The Whole-Brain Child- Daniel Siegel
- Driven to Distraction- Edward Hallowell
- Move Your Bus- Ron Clark
- The Explosive Child- Ross Greene
- Culturize- Jimmy Casas
- The Teacher's Guide to ABA- Bret Kernoff
- The Essential 55- Ron Clark
- For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood- Christopher Edmin
- Fostering Resilient Learners- Kristin Souers
You can also reach out to Kristin Porter to see what is available in our school library for teacher PD.
ADD in Schools by Gerry Brooks
District Professional Development Plan
Professional Development Committee
Charleston High School
- Chris Casey
- Kelsie Lee
Charleston Middle School
- Kristin Porter
- Jennifer Dement
Warren E Hearnes Elementary School
- Anne Willis
- Margaret Shands
Central Office (Non-Voting Members)
- Amy Brown-Chairperson
- Dr. Tammy Lupardus