Compare and Contrast
Behavior Therapy verses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Similarities of Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Therapy
- Both theories believed that what we learn will be shown through how we behave.
- Both theories are centered around building relationships especially between client and therapist.
Differences of Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Therapy
- Behavior Therapy (BT) thinks that a person is controlled by their environment.
- BT has an emphasis on more open/not concealed behavior.
- Cognitive therapy (CT) studies how people relate emotionally or react to stimuli in their environment.
- CT is more focused on how an individual's thought process is.