How Gabrielle Douglas is Inspiring
Gabrielle Douglas is the most influential female athlete.
- Gabrielle was in gymnastics training at the age of 6 years old
- "since leaving home, Gabrielle has earned a team gold medal at the 2011 world champions placed first at the 2012 women's Gymnastic Olympics" -Gabrielle Douglas.com/biography
- when gabby turned the age of 14 she left her home and family and moved to west Des Moines, lowa, to train with her renowned coach Liang Chow.
- "Gymnast Gabrielle Douglas the first African American to win the gold medal as individual all around champion when she was 16 years old"
- When gabby moved out after she started working with her trainer Liang Chow when national competition
- "2012 AP female athlete of the yea. 2011 world championships team champion"
- December 31,1995
- Youngest of four
- Arielle, Joyelle, Johnathan
- Newport News, Virginia
- Home school and online tutoring
- Women's artistic Gymnastics started at 6 years old