MSA Comings & Goings
Monday, April 27, 2015
- Tuesday - 28 - Elementary Spelling Bee at 8:45 am
- Wednesday - 29 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - Deposit deadline for Canadian Universities Tour 2015
- Friday - 1- Denim and Orange Day for Multiple Sclerosis - $2 donation
- Tuesday - 5 - Grade 5 Parent Meeting (Orientation for Grade 6)
- Wednesday - 6 - Kindergarten Orientation Meeting (New Kindergarten Parents)
- Friday - 8 - Mother's Day Prayer Service at 8:30 am (Grades K -5)
- Saturday - 9 - H&S White Elephant Sale from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm in the Auditorium
- Monday - 11 - ELA 9 Pt. A Achievement Test
- Wednesday - 13 - ELA 6 Pt. A Achievement Test
- Wednesday - 13 - Mothers' Mass at 10:30 am (Grades 6-12)
- Monday - 18 - Elementary Assembly at 8:35 am
- Tuesday - 19 - Middle School Assembly at 8:20 am
- Monday - 25 - Bermuda Day Holiday observed - no school
- Saturday - 30 - H&S Family Dinner Bingo from 7:30 - 9:00 pm
125th Anniversary T-shirt UPDATE
Thank you to all who ordered a shirt! If you ordered online, but have not already paid, please send in money ($20/shirt) with your child's name and grade on the envelope.
White Elephant Sale
MSA will be holding a White Elephant Sale in the Auditorium on Saturday, 9 May from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. You can purchase a table are just $25.00 each. Please contact Karen Camara at email@example.com to reserve your table.
Elementary/Middle School Notices
Supplies Needed for Kindergarten/Early Learning
The use of loose parts and open ended materials is very important in a Reggio Emilia-inspired learning environment. The MSA Kindergarten and the Early Learning Program classes would like to stock our creative resource bank with many interesting items. These are outlined in the attached C&G document. Many thanks for your help!
High School & Middle School Notices
Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour
The Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour for the next school year will be 22 October until 31 October. Any grade 10 or 11 student interested in attending this tour must submit a $500 deposit by Thursday, 30 April. There will be an information session for parents and students in May. If you have questions please email Mrs. White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uniform Shop Hours
Tuesday - 28 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 7 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 12 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 21 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 26 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
BSoA Schools Show Winners
Congratulations to the following students who won the Peoples Choice Awards at the Bermuda Schools art show.
1st Prize - Victoria Medeiros
2nd Prize - Jasmine Simons
3rd Prize - Justice MacDonald-Marsh
We are the only school that received 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes, so top honors for MSA!
Earth Day Video Awardees
Congratulations to the following Grade 8 students who received awards last week for their video at the Earth Day Video Competition Awards:
Most Original Video: Caroline Amaral, Joseph Garca, Catia Pimentel
Most Informative Video: Aaliyah Boyles, Erin Cardoso, Monique Cordeiro and Bryanna Furtado
Best Sustainability Message: Malik Joell, Tao Lambert, Matthew Amaral & Christian Roque
Most Memorable Video: Brianna Lopes, Julia Pimentel, Jada Rawlins & Conor Sinclair
Home & School Association
H&S 15th Annual Golf Tournament
The 15th Annual MSA Home & School Association Golf Tournament will take place on Saturday, 6 June, 2015 at Belmont Hills, at 12:30 pm.
Cost per foursome is $800, which includes green fees, carts, goodie bags, prizes and an on-course BBQ lunch.
Also available are tee box and green sponsorships. For your donation of $350.00 your company’s name will be placed on a tee/green (Please provide your own signage).
Space is limited to the first 25 teams; enter now to avoid disappointment. Entries close 1 May, 2015
Forms are available in the C&G Attachments.
Tickets are now available to Late Nite Catechism! This “uproarious, interactive theatre” (NY Times) is here for one night only on June 5th in the MSA Auditorium.
Show starts at 8:00 pm and tickets are $48. Patron tickets are $75 and includes seating in the first three rows or on the balcony and a free drink ticket!
There will be a happy hour beforehand, starting at 6:30 pm.
Tickets are currently only available to MSA family and friends here: https://www.premierticketsglobal.com/Show/1940/MSA-Alumni-Late-Night
(If there are issues, try opening with a web browser other than Internet Explorer)
The passphrase is: CatechismAlum
Tickets will be available to the public, beginning May 1st. For any questions, please contact Elaine Kelly email@example.com or Karen Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.