News from Room 11
April 5, 2013
What we will be learning after the break:
* Language Arts Unit 5: Week 3- There are many kinds of weather.
- Vocabulary: forecast, conditions. extreme, tranquil, commotion, predict, breeze
- Words to Know (read, spell, write): know, sound, great, their, warm
- Grammar/Mechanics: synonyms and antonyms
- Phonics: noisy "r" spelled or. Spelling Words: born, cork, horn, corn, fork, pork, thorn, sport
- Skill: Venn Diagram: compare and contrast
* Math- Unit 4: Time
* Writing- using adjectives to make our sentences more powerful
- Summer Enrichment enrollment is now open. Go to the SBSD website to learn more!
-On April 15th we will be welcoming a new student, Leah Banuelos to room 11!! Please talk with your child on how they can make her feel included at SSF.
April 8th-12th: Spring Break
April 18th: Bunny Brunch
May 10th: First Grade Performance at 1:15
May 23rd: Open House