Welcome Ms. Bonds' Class
In my spare time I like to spend time with my children, Lily (7) and Logan (4) and my husband Noah. I like riding my bike on the greenbelt, swimming, and exploring new places.
I can't wait to see you August 26th for our first meeting on Microsoft Teams! Check Teams for our meeting time.
About Spanish 1
By the end of the year, you will be able to greet others in Spanish, talk about school and what classes you have, tell time in Spanish, describe your personality and physical description etc.
School and alphabet
Definite articles, nouns
School in Mexico
Adjectives and accents
Units 4 and 5
Numbers and telling time
Ser and estar and conjugating verbs
-ar verbs- things we do
Birthdays in Mexico
-ir and -er verbs more things we do
-ir and -er verbs
Days, months and seasons
Introduction to Spain
2 verb combinations
Peak/Fuel Ed is where you can find all of your assignments. You should make sure to read the checklist in Teams for what you need to do for the week in Peak/Fuel Ed. USE THIS SITE:
Power School is where you will find your grades. The grade in Peak/Fuel Ed is most likely different and NOT CORRECT. Please check Power School for your grades. This is where I will take attendance as well.
If you have me 3rd period
Class time is from:
11:35-1:05 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
11:42-1:09 on Wednesdays
If you have me 4th period
Class time is from:
1:10-2:40 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
1:14-2:41 on Wednesdays
We will have live Teams Meetings Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We will meet all together starting as soon as class time starts for about 45 minutes or so depending on need. It is very important that you attend as many live classes as possible. In order to learn a language, you need to hear it spoken and you need to speak it with others! We will have opportunities to talk together in Spanish in breakout rooms and talk with me. After the live session, students are expected to be working on the curriculum in Peak/Fuel Ed and get as much done as they can in the time allotted for the period.
On Wednesdays and Fridays, I will either open a Teams meeting during the period for anyone to get extra help, or I might do conferences with certain students who need extra help. During our allotted period time, students should be working on their assignments in Peak/Fuel Ed that are on their checklist for the week.
- Be on time and ready to go. If you are late, I might not see you pop in. Sometimes we will be in break-out rooms and this is difficult to do if you are not ready on time.
- Please try to limit distractions around you. It is important everyone is ready to learn and participate when class starts so we can accomplish all our tasks.
- Do not spam the meeting with a ton of gifs or other messages. Only post if it is appropriate and on topic.
- Use the reaction buttons to let your classmates know when you agree or disagree and give them a thumbs-up or a round of applause to encourage them.
- Pay attention and be ready to answer questions and participate!
- Please keep your mic muted unless you have ‘raised your hand’ or I have asked you to speak (just like you would in class). With a lot of students in one live session, it can become difficult to maintain an organized meeting otherwise.
- Turn off notifications from email and social media so you aren't distracted.
- When speaking, please stay on topic and be school appropriate.
- Be respectful! Just because we are behind a screen it does not mean that people are not vulnerable.
- Grades are based on total points. Homework assignments are worth less (like 5 points) and tests are worth much more (25 or so)
- I will randomly choose assignments to put into Power School. I will put 1-2 assignments in per day. Because of this, students must do all assignments. This encourages the student to get the practice needed to learn the language.
- Grades in Power School are your REAL grades. Ignore the grade in Peak/Fuel Ed. Please make sure to check Power School often to make sure you are turning everything in.
- You should do all lessons but only certain ones will be graded. In order to do well on the quizzes and tests, you should complete all lessons or as many as possible.
- We will take about 2 weeks to complete a unit. In each unit you will do homework assignments, take a quiz and test and do a writing and or Flipgrid/s.
- You CANNOT PASS THIS CLASS WITHOUT DOING THE FLIPGRIDS, TAKING THE TESTS AND DOING THE WRITING ASSIGNMENTS!
Tips on how to succeed in Spanish!
- Come to class if possible and/or watch the recorded lessons! I explain the grammar and give you the practice you need to get it down.
- Keep up with the work! Try to do a little bit each day and follow my schedule if possible. To learn another language, you need to study a little bit each day.
- USE YOUR NOTES WHEN DOING YOUR WORK AND DURING CLASS! You will take notes at the beginning of each unit. Make sure to use them when doing your work so that you are spelling words correctly. Peak will mark you as wrong if you spell words incorrectly and don't use your accents!
- Check your work before you turn in assignment to make sure you get it right.
- Email me if you have any questions about an assignment and I can go over it with you!
- Make sure to do all tests, quizzes Flipgrids and writing assignments as those are worth the most points.
- If you have extra time, you can always study the Quizlets I post to help you memorize the vocabulary!
EMAIL ME WHEN YOU TURN IN LATE WORK SO I KNOW TO CHECK IT!!!!