Bumpus Weekly Bulletin
September 26, 2019
WORD OF THE WEEK
COLOR RUN - SEPT 27 - DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
● Check-outs will be difficult so if you know you will need to on Friday, parents should check students out prior to the run….before 1pm.
● Students will NOT bring backpacks or chromebooks to school on the day of the Color Run. Students can bring a clear water bottle and cellphone in a small bag to school but they cannot use the cellphone during the Color Run. The color (cornstarch), water and potential for damage from a drop is too high. Students will take their belongings to their assigned field BEFORE the color run - Students WILL NOT go back in the building during or after the Color Run. The only exception is one restroom available during and after the Color Run.
● There will be ONE restroom available during the Color Run. Students/staff needing to use the restroom will enter and exit the doors by the cafeteria.
● Teachers will have a map of the Color Run route. Students that cannot participate due to medical reasons - these students will remain in the media center.
● We will have 2 nurses on duty during the Color Run.
● Color packets cannot be opened inside of the building before going outside.
● All color packets must be used.
● Do not forcefully throw powder at people's faces or on people who do not have on a Color Run or plain white t-shirt….it means they chose NOT to participate.
● It’s NOT a RACE….you should run or walk but keep it moving. Do NOT stop at color stations….keep it moving. If you don’t want color then run/walk around that color station.
● After the run, stay in the designated student area on the assigned fields.
● EVERYONE will need to pick up trash before we leave.
● If you ride carpool, you may want to have your parents cover their car seats.
Color Run 2019:
We are excited that the Color Run is ON for Friday, 9/27! I hope everyone is ready and excited. Just a few reminders. The t-shirts for the runners will come home TODAY (Thursday 9/26). They are to be worn Friday. Please see the Color Run dress code shared with students by classroom teachers. The race will begin at 1:45 pm but we will begin marking the route by 12:30 pm.
Remember there are no check-outs between 1p-3p. The kids will be outside and on the roads. There will be limited access to the school because of the run. Please plan accordingly and check-out prior to 1pm, if necessary.
For the run, the students will receive a t-shirt and color packet along with any extras ordered. We encourage the students to bring sunglasses to wear, even just a cheap pair to keep the dust from flying in their eyes. They can also wear a bandanna or hat if they want to decrease the color in their hair.
A reminder for carpool parents. We encourage you to have a towel for your child(ren) to sit on to limit the color in your car. Carpool will stop before the first turn by the bus entrance until all students are back in the designated area. Please wait for our SRO to move the cones before you come to the carpool lanes.
Thank you again for all of your help with this fundraiser. This fundraiser could not be accomplished without the great support of our parents, staff, and community.
Thanks for all you do! Go BUCS!!!!
- Bumpus PTO
Spirit shirts are still available for purchase online. Please visit https://secure4.myschoolfees.com/ and order your shirt today!!
Please make plans to join us at Culver’s (located in Stadium Trace Village) for dinner on Tuesday, October 1st. Bumpus will receive a percentage of all sales from 5pm-8pm that night!
The Bumpus Library will host a Scholastic Book Fair. There are 2 ways to participate, in-school, and online. The In-school fair will begin Monday, Sept. 30th through Tuesday, October 8th. The Online fair will begin Wednesday, Sept. 25th through Tuesday, October 8th. All online orders will ship home. For payment options please click on the link.
HNH FLU CLINIC - Wednesday October 9th
room at 439-2230.
ANTICIPATED ABSENCE FORMS
Blank Anticipated Absence Forms
Go to the 2nd floor office to pick up your bright pink Anticipated Absence Form. Follow directions on the form.
Completed Anticipated Absence Form
This is the Anticipated Absence Station. This is where you drop off the completed form. Place the completed form in the tray on the left.
Completed AA Form
Pick up your copy of the Anticipated Absence form the day before your absence to get your assignments and any notes from the Administrator. Your completed and signed copy will be in the tray on the right.
Blank Anticipated Absence Forms
Completed Anticipated Absence Form
IMPACT Family Counseling
Drug Awareness and Prevention Breakfasts
The Hoover City Schools Foundation is hosting three Drug Awareness and Prevention Breakfasts for parents, focused on vaping and marijuana use amongst our teens. Parents are encouraged to attend any of the three events to learn about trends, risks, and consequences from law enforcement officers, District Attorneys, prevention specialists, and treatment specialists. The programs will cover everything from prevention to signs and symptoms and how you can intervene appropriately. 8:15-9:15 am
October 3 - Simmons Middle School
October 8 - Bumpus Middle School
October 22 - Berry Middle School
Correction to the list of Hoover Soccer names sent in last week.
Sept. 26th - Football vs Berry @ HHS (home game)
Oct. 2nd - Football @ Simmons
Sept. 4-5 - Volleyball Metro Tourney; 7th @ Clay; 8th @ Thompson
- CROSS COUNTRY
Sept. 28th - CC - Oak Mtn. Invitational @ Heardmont Park
- BUMPUS BUCS BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
Boys Basketball tryouts will be October 21-22 from 3:30 - 5:30 pm. You must have a AHSAA physical and Hoover consent form on file to participate. Please have rides for pickup on time. Any questions contact Coach Jeffries at email@example.com or 439-2235.
- INDOOR TRACK will start on Monday, Nov. 4th.
There will be a mandatory Indoor Track Meeting Tuesday, Oct 22nd at 6pm in the Bumpus Cafeteria Contact Coach James if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GIRLS GOLF
Email - email@example.com
TRYLAX - Lacrosse Clinic
The next EarthSavers Club meeting will be Wednesday, October 2nd from 3:15-4:15 in room A216. Please see Mrs. Salvant or Mrs. Caudill for more information, or join our Google Classroom. The code is yjvsr36.
Calling all 7th graders!
Please talk to Mrs. DiMarco and join the Kind Club! We will meet during lunch once a week!
BUCS COMMUNITY SERVICE CLUB
The BUCS Community Service Club is gearing up to get started! If you are interested in joining, meetings are held the 1st Wednesday of the month in Room A110. Join Google Classroom code s3x4js.
RFBMS BUCS SPIRIT CLUB
You’re invited become a member of the RFBMS BUCS SPIRIT CLUB! If you’re interested, join our Classroom. Google Classroom Code: im36ld