Week of Jan. 28th
Important Dates for the Week:
- 5th Grade Extended PLC - Darlene will attend to problem solve MOY data
- 3rd Grade Extended PLC - Darlene will attend to problem solve MOY data
Tuesday, January 29th:
- Kindergarten Quarterly Collaboration - Horton PD Building
- 4th/5th Grade Math Check Ins (5th/1st will switch specials)
- Report Cards will NOT be sent home yet...see information below.
- Teacher Meeting - Snacks provided by 5th Grade
Wednesday, January 30th:
- 4th/5th ELA Check Ins (5th/1st will switch specials)
- 4th Grade Extended PLC - Darlene will attend to problem solve MOY data
- 1st Grade Extended PLC
Thursday, January 31st:
- PowerTeacher Pro Work with Testing/Accountability (5th, 3rd, 4th PLC)
- 2nd Grade Extended PLC - Darlene will attend to problem solve MOY data
- Kindergarten Extended PLC - Darlene will attend to problem solve MOY data
Friday, February 1st:
- 1st Grade Quarterly Collaboration - Horton PD Building
Thank you for your attention in all the recent Professional Development! Master teachers are master learners! Thank you for always working toward continuous improvement!!!
- Delay in sending Report Cards: There is a state wide issue that we are trying to resolve related to PowerTeacher Pro. Our Testing and Accountability department has worked on a schedule to support schools/teachers in a process to make sure grades are calculated and reported correctly. CCS's goal is to have all report cards sent home no later than Wednesday, February 6th.
- Home Connect Letters should be sent home to families. Please be prepared to send home with report cards. If you need assistance with this, please see ask a colleague or check in with Mandy or Brittany.
- Access Testing is coming to NCE soon! February 4th, 5th, & 6th (Grades 1-5) and February 7th & 8th (K) See more information about testing here. Thank you to our ESL team for helping to make this a smooth process.
- We want to thank everyone who was able to attend the Tier 1 Behavior and Consequences PD. If you have not already had the opportunity to compete the feedback from, we invite you to do so now!
- Tuesday, January 29th is our staff meeting and our first Digital Technology PD session! We are grateful for our teacher leaders who are presenting on Tuesday. Everyone who completed the preference survey was given their first choice for our January session and their second choice for the February session! Thank you for taking the time to answer those quick questions. After we all come together as a whole group to discuss a few brief items at 3:15, we'll breakout into groups for the technology PD. Here is the list of what session you will be attending in January and February. This document will be updated with room numbers and links as Tuesday rolls around.
- Teacher of the Year Nomination - It is now the time of year to begin the 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year selection process. Included at the link above you will find the eligibility requirements and a list of eligible NCE teachers. Nominations will be taken until 8am on 2/5. On 2/6, we will provide teachers who were nominated for TOY a prompt and a deadline for returning their responses. We will then distribute TOY nominees and prompt responses to certified employees, as well as directions for voting for TOY.
- Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
Car Duty for the Week:
AM Car Duty: Avilia, Alvarez, Parrish, K.Horton, Webster, B. Horton
PM Car Duty: Harrington, Lien, Young, Fernandez, Layman, Evans, Webster, Ross
If you are going to be out, please trade a day with a friend. This duty is too important to not have it covered.