WIMS October Newletter
Women in Math and Science Club at Ohio State
Hello WIMS members!
Collegium Pre-Health Speaker Event
Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 6:30pm
071 Hagerty Hall
Thursday, Oct. 6th, 7pm
1739 North High Street
Dr. Lorraine Wallace
Lunch with Professors!
Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 11:30am-12:30pm
Suzanne Scharer Room at the Ohio Union (third floor)
If you are interested in this event, please follow this link to RSVP! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZFZ879V
Please remember that if you RSVP you need to attend the event. If you cannot make it, please let us know. This is important for funding purposes because we need to know how much food to arrange for the event.
- Dr. Janet Best is the Associate Director of the Mathematical Biosciences Institute. She does research in the field of brain physiology as well as energy allocation and the function of sleep. In her research, she brings math and science together to help explain things like Parkinson's disease.
- Dr. Chuan Xue is an assistant professor in the Mathematics department. She does research from mathematical biology and medicine, to multiscale/hybrid modeling, to cell biology and their movement.
- Dr. Ching-Shan Chou is an associate professor in the department of Mathematics. She does research on computational biology of cell polarization and numerical algorithms for hyperbolic problems.
WIMS is Sponsored by Shell.
Stay tuned for information about our Girl Scout Event in the spring!
Thanks so much to those who were able to come to out first and second meeting of the year! We loved seeing all of you!
In other news...
Your Vote Matters!
How do I register to vote?
If you are 18 years of age...
1. Get the voter registration form. Download and print the Ohio state voter registration form or call 1-877-767-6446 to request one by mail.
2.Fill out the form. Check the box to select whether you’re registering, updating your address, or updating your name register.
3. Send the form. Your completed form must be postmarked by Oct 11 and sent to this address:
Secretary of State of Ohio
180 E. Broad Street – 15th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
For faster processing, mail it to your county board of elections.
Once you are registered to vote, you can vote via absentee ballot or vote at the Ohio Union on November 7th!
Still have questions about the candidates or how to vote here at Ohio State?
Check out this link!