PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, October 17, 2016
PSAT – Wednesday, Oct. 19th
Room assignments will be posted throughout Buildings A and B Tuesday morning. Juniors testing need to bring two No. 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils allowed), an eraser and a calculator. Test begins at 9:00 am, arrive at your testing room by 8:30 am. Testing will end at 12:30. Juniors not testing and all seniors report to class as usual. All zero hour students should attend their zero hour class.
PSAT Test Day Checklist
There are only a few things you really need to bring on test day and a lot of things you’ll be better off leaving at home.
What to Bring
· Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
· An approved calculator (see p. 24 of the PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide you received in English class In September)
· Photo ID (School ID or Driver’s License)
What Not to Bring
· Any devices, including smart watches, that can be used to record, transmit, receive or play back audio, photographic, text, or video content
· Protractors, compasses, rulers
· Highlighters, colored pens, colored pencils
· Pamphlets or papers of any kind
· Dictionaries or other books — there are no exceptions, even if English is not your first language
· Food and drinks — including bottled water
During the Test
You will be allowed to have only these items on your desk:
· A test book
· An answer sheet
· No. 2 pencils with erasers
· An approved calculator — during one of the math sections only
Turn Off All Electronic Devices
You’ll need to turn off all electronic devices during the test and even during breaks. This includes cellphones and smart watches. Be sure to turn off your watch alarm, if you have one.
Why? Test centers are serious about security and quiet, so prohibited devices — which include cellphones, tablets, and MP3 players — must be turned off and put away in your bag or backpack. Better yet: Leave them at home.
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
The $100 Donor Luncheon has been set for Tuesday, November 8th from 11:30-1:00 in the Lecture Hall of Building B at Plano Senior High School. Our Principal, Sarah Watkins, will be the host!! All donations need to be made by October 15th to be able to attend. To give, go to https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/donate to donate today!!!
PSHS Financial Aid Night
Monday October 17th
6:30-7:30 Building B Lecture Hall
Carolyn Jones from Collin College will be our presenter. Carolyn works in the Financial Aid office at Collin College and has 23 years of experience helping families understand the process of applying for financial aid. She will explain the FAFSA application process, explain this year’s changes, and answer questions. The information to be presented pertains to financial aid in general, it is not specific to Collin College.
The PTSA is actively looking for the following volunteers:
1. Plano After Dark Chair – After Dark is PSHS’s post prom party that offers our students a safe and fun place to continue to celebrate after prom.
2. Prize Room Chair – Assists After Dark Chair in purchasing prizes to be given away and distributes them at the event.
For more information: email@example.com
Join us in making Plano Senior the best that it can possibly be!!!!
The Annual MEANT MATH OLYMPIAD in partnership with UTD will be held on
Oct 29th, 2016
at University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson.
Math Olympiad is a competition in mathematics to encourage young America to learn Mathematics and Engineering and promote math skills among students. Any student currently enrolled in Grade 1 through 11 can participate in the event.
Registration can be done at http://meant.org/MO20161029.html
Registration fee will be waived for deserving (financially needy) students. If the student cannot afford to pay the $10 entry fee, please
print the entry form, have it signed by the classroom teacher or principal and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Many thanks to these PTSA Community Partners for their generous donations that helped PSHS throughout the school year! Stop by or contact them for more information about how their business can help you.
Wildcat Sponsor ($2000)
Traditions Sponsor ($1000)
White Sponsor ($250)
*************** PSHS BOOSTERS *************************
Please support AVID! Buy Yankee!
Hi Plano Senior Friends & Family, We're in the last days of our Yankee Candle fundraiser. Yankee is the #1 candle in the country. They have fragrance melts and other great accessories too! Please think ahead for your holiday gift shopping. Yankee makes a great hostess gift too!
Here's how you can easily support AVID:
1) Flip through the online Yankee catalog
3) Click this link to pay (no tax or shipping!) with debit or credit card or your PayPal account: PayPal.me
4) Your order is delivered to campus before the holidays!
The PSHS AVID Booster Club supports AVID’s mission to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
Thank you, thank you for supporting AVID. Your purchase helps us pay for college visits!
PAWPCORN DAZE WITH PSHS THEATRE BOOSTERS
PSHS Theatre Boosters will be selling bags of gourmet, flavored popcorn each Friday during both lunches in front of Building D. Eight delicious flavors! Proceeds go to support our amazing upcoming theatre productions,
Planoette Mum Factory
Homecoming is November 4th. Now is the time to purchase mums and garters from the Planoette Mum Factory conveniently close to PSHS in the Crossroads Shopping Center on the northeast corner of Parker and Independence (Near Minnie's Food Pantry).
DIY Garter ($30) and Mum ($50) kits are available as well as pre-made mum and garters. Don't forget your Pink-out ribbon to support Susan G. Koman.
- October - Tues./Wed./Thurs.: 5-8 p.m. and Sat.: 10am - 2pm and Sun.: 11am - 2pm
- Fridays during lunch
$25 deposit required, cash, check, credit card.
Visit www.planoettes.org to find our online store! Use the code planoettes
Pink out shirt sales
The pink out game is Friday, October 21st this year, so get your 2016 PINK OUT shirt before they run out! Shirts will be sold on FRIDAY in the Cafeteria during Both Lunches. They will also be sold at the Planoette Mum Factory at the NE corner of Parker and Independence.
Update from Plano Baseball Booster Club
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Booster Club Meeting - Wednesday, October 19th - 6:30 p.m. Building B Lecture Hall - 2015/16 yearbooks will on hand for distribution.
- Golf Tournament – Tuesday, November 1. Registration forms are located at planowildcatsbaseball.com. The tournament will be held at Twin Creeks Golf Club, Allen, Texas and will include a catered lunch, gift bags and raffles.
- Homecoming Parade – November 2nd
- Holiday Poinsettia sale – Orders due by November 28. Flowers will be delivered on Friday, December 2. Contact Deanna Maas with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Plano Wildcats Baseball
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: