April 18, 2019
A Blessed Easter to All!
Registration time is upon us. An email will be sent to all households this weekend with the registration information for the 2019-20 school year.
We have a limited number of seats open in Kindergarten and a few upper grades.
Refer a new family that isn't already on our list and when they officially register you'll receive a $50 gift certificate for school apparel OR a $50 hot lunch credit!
Important Info from the Health Office
Wright County Public Health and the Minnesota Department of Health have asked us to share the following information - A number of pertussis cases (also called whooping cough) have been reported in the community. Most recently, cases of pertussis were reported at St. Michael-Albertville High School and Middle School East.
Here is what parents need to know:
- Contact your health care provider if you or your child has a cough for 7 days or longer.
- Health care providers can test for whooping cough.
- Whooping cough can be treated with antibiotics.
- Make sure you and your family are up-to-date on your vaccinations.
- Vaccination can prevent illness and decrease symptoms.
- There is a vaccine type for all ages. Talk to your health care provider.
- Stay home when ill.
- Whooping cough is infectious (most likely to spread to others) in the first three weeks of the illness.
- Whooping cough may be milder in adults and older children, so you could pass it to others without knowing it.
For more information, see the attached fact sheet, contact Wright County Public Health at 763-682-7469 or contact the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-5414/877-676-5414 or visit the Minnesota Department of Health’s Pertussis (Whooping Cough) website: (https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/pertussis/pertparents.html).
Gift cards from a wide variety of merchants are always available for purchase! When you buy gift cards from StMCS using the Scrip program, we benefit every time at no extra cost to you! Click here for the order form.