CONNECT, COMMUNICATE AND CONTRIBUTE
AT ACURIL 2019 ARUBA
Caribbean Libraries, Archives, and Museums Supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Connect, Communicate and Contribute…
at ACURIL 2019 ARUBA
Last Minute Conference Registration
ACURIL's General Assembly will be held in two sessions: Monday, June 3 and Thursday, June 6.
Venue: Main Conference Hall
Renaissance Aruba Convention Center
Session 1 - Monday June 3, 2019, 11:00 am. – 12:00 Noon.
Session 2 Thursday June 6, 2019, 9:00 am. – 10:30 am.
What You Can Expect:
- Progress reports by the Executive Council on the activities and achievements of the association
- Reports on the work of Special Interest Groups and Content Area Roundtables
· Review of the 2019 ACURIL Conference
- Insights into the ACURIL’s 50th Anniversary at its 2020 Conference
- Opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas on ACURIL’s policies, priorities and future strategies
- Voicing your opinion by voting on ACURIL resolutions, annual nominations and elections
- · Meeting, connecting and networking with information professionals in all areas of work from multiple language areas (English, Spanish, French)
- Winning exciting prizes for attending the General Assembly Meetings (to qualified ACURILEANS must attend the two (2) General Assembly sessions.
NOMINATIONS FOR ACURIL’s EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
In agreement with the procedures for Nominations and Elections of Executive Council members in ACURIL, the Executive Council Nominating Committee, chaired by Dr. Berthamae Walker, Vice-President (2019-2020), along with Councilor members Ms. Anne Pajard, representing the University of the Antilles Libraries – French language sector, and Mrs. Jeannette Lebrón-Ramos, representing the ACURIL Puerto Rico Chapter, Spanish language sector, selected the full slate of nominees for the Executive Council, to fill vacancies in the categories of Institutional member, Association member and Personal member, as follows:
The National Library of Aruba, represented by Astrid Britten, has ended its term of service on the Executive Council of ACURIL. Nominated to fill this vacancy is the Biblioteka Nashonal Korsou Frank Martinus Arion (National Library of Curaçao), with representation by the Acting Director, Ms Yianitzah Jacobus. The National Library of Curaçao is in good financial standing, and has accepted the nomination. Election is for 3 years (2019-2022).
The Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC), with representation by Mr. Miguel Asencio has ended its term in service on the Executive Council. The Library and Information Association of Jamaica (LIAJA) with representation by Mr. Nicholas Graham has been nominated to fill this vacancy on the Executive Council. The Library Association of Jamaica is in good financial standing. And has accepted the nomination. Election is for 2 years (2019-2021).
Mario Torres-Ramos, Automation librarian at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, ends his term as a personal member on the Executive Council. Nominated to replace Torres-Ramos is Luis Joel Crespo, Acquisitions librarian at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. He is in good standing as a personal member and has accepted the nomination. Election is for 2 years (2019-2021).
NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR
Submission of other Nominees for the Executive Council can be presented from the floor.
Place: Executive Secretariat & Treasury Table of ACURIL, Renaissance Aruba Convention Center
Timetable for Nominations from the floor
· Monday, June 3, 2019 – From 1:00 p.m., after the 1st General Assembly, to 4:00 p.m. Deadline: Tuesday, June 4 , 2019, 12:00 Noon
· Voting : Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 8:00 am – 12:00 M.
The names nominated from the floor at the Conference can be submitted only by delegates belonging to a category, for the same category: institutional, association or personnel. Nominees must be up to date on their dues (institutional, association or staff) with at least two months before their nomination.
Delegates, representatives of institutions, may nominate fellow delegates to the Council, up to date on their dues. If elected, Members shall have a term of 3 years in the Council, unless they are completing the vacancy of an institutional council member.
Delegates, representatives of associations, may nominate delegates to the Council, up to date on their dues. If elected, members will have a two-year term in the Council.
Personal members may nominate personal members, up to date on their dues. If elected, they will serve for the term of 2 years in the Council.