October 27, 2022
early dismissal and no aftercare
thank you for sponsoring our police officer
get your cool weather uniforms
Cool Weather Reminders
Remember, boots are never acceptable, even on dress down days.
Please join us tomorrow, Friday, October 28th at 8:15am in the church for our Living Rosary!
mass next week
end of first trimester
Report cards will be emailed to all parents on Friday, November 11th. Students earning honor roll (85% and above in all subject areas) will be recognized on Wednesday, November 16th after Mass.
Required volunteer hours
- Families should have 10 hours logged before reregistration opens in January.
- Families are required to give a minimum of 2 hours toward Fall Fest.
- Please be sure to log volunteer hours in Renweb. (See Resources section below for directions on how to log your hours.)
We are still looking for volunteers at Fall Fest!
FAMILY SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES AT FALL FEST
- being a sponsor of a rental item (contact Laura Salzlein firstname.lastname@example.org for info).
- volunteering during the event. Sign Up NOW at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d49aea728a0fb6-fall
Little Debbie's Needed!
Fall Fest Preorders
If you didn't preorder tickets, no worries! Tickets will be on sale the day of the Fall Fest. We will accept cash, check and credit card at the Fall Fest.
last minute fall fest donations needed
- Did your child get too much candy trick or treating? Consider donating all leftover Halloween candy to be used as prizes. We prefer to not have chocolate as it will melt. Halloween candy can be dropped off in the school office any time between now and Nov. 4.
- Tailgating tents are needed for the event. If you have a tent used for tailgating/beach/etc, please consider letting us borrow it for Fall Fest. Be sure to label the tent with your family name and drop off anytime between now and Nov. 3.
- We could use large coolers to keep drinks and other food cold for the Fall Fest. If you would like to allow us to borrow your cooler for the event, please label with your name and drop off at the school office.
Fall Fest Basket Donations
halloween and parties
red ribbon week
Friday: Too Bright for drugs (wear sunglasses)
now offering breakfast
great american teach in
During the week of November 14th, our school will be participating in the Great American Teach In. This annual event is held nationwide to celebrate American Education week . Members of the community are invited into the school to share information with students about their career or hobby. It is also an opportunity for students to see where education can take them. We are in need of volunteers to come and speak to our students in kindergarten through 8th grade. We are looking for the following career areas to share with students:
Health care (medical and dental)
If you are interested, please fill out the Google Form at Fill out in Google Forms . If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Insua at email@example.com or 863.293.3311.
Come join us for Middle School Ministry on November 9th. The teens will play fun games, like a game called minefield. During the night, students will learn to answer the question “how can a good God exist if there is evil and suffering in the world.” This question, according to recent surveys (given to adults), has the biggest percentage for why people identify as “none” in religious affiliation. We’ll be exploring this question and what the Catholic faith believes about this question.
For those kids who want to get to room 3 early, I’ll open the doors at 5:30 PM. They can play billiards, foosball, and air hockey until 6:00 PM when our program starts!
Gospel Reading this Sunday
Now a man there named Zacchaeus,
who was a chief tax collector and also a wealthy man,
was seeking to see who Jesus was;
but he could not see him because of the crowd,
for he was short in stature.
So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus, who was about to pass that way.
When he reached the place, Jesus looked up and said,
"Zacchaeus, come down quickly,
for today I must stay at your house."
And he came down quickly and received him with joy.
When they all saw this, they began to grumble, saying,
"He has gone to stay at the house of a sinner."
But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord,
"Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor,
and if I have extorted anything from anyone
I shall repay it four times over."
And Jesus said to him,
"Today salvation has come to this house
because this man too is a descendant of Abraham.
For the Son of Man has come to seek
and to save what was lost." - Lk 19:1-10
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier