OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS
When Title IX started and the events that happened during it
- This event took place in 1972.
- This event took place in United States.
- Law was a made to end sex discrimination.
- The laws says that:
* Equal amount of sports for girls and boys.
* Pregnant students can have maternity league in college.
* Girls have the same oppurtunity to take college courses.
Title IX provided athletic opportunities for women.This event effected women and men but mostly women. Title ix has opened up more oppritunites for women around the country by giving them more equal rights as far as their education. If title ix wasnt created some women would not be able to have as many equal rights as men. Without Title IX, women's sports would be cut to benefit men's sports.
"This event effected me because it ensured equality" , William Dudley, March 6, 2014
"Title IX of the Higher Education Act (1972)." American History. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 7 Mar. 2014.
By Maliek Greene and William Dudley
This event effected women by giving them equal right in school.
"If this event didnt happen would not be able to be so proud of my older cousin who plays a college sport" , Maliek Greene. March 7, 2014