JSE Staff October 14th
Thank you to the PL221 committees for presenting their action plan and goals. On Monday we start with our first word of the week (WOW) assessment vocabulary on the news and display our class AR goals and Math Fact Mastery on the main office bulletin boards. Please intentionally use and have your students use this word during the week, create your class AR goal with your students if you haven't already done so, and update your class progress on Math Facts.
Writing Focus: This week I visited the majority of classes while students were hard at work developing their writing skills. I saw students sharing their writing with peers, proof-reading, pen-palling, practicing RACE, and pre-writing. I came across this article and wanted to share as next week we begin our writing focus at our grade level meetings on Thursday. It's a quick read: http://connectedprincipals.com/archives/13445 and another avenue of engagement in the area of writing. "When Maddisyn was sharing her experience, she understands her work is going out to the world, and even at the grade 4 level, she wants people to read it." What opportunities are we creating for this?
Friday is our Red Ribbon Week Kick-Off-wear red!
Spirit Wear: PTO offered us 5$ off the regular JSE Spirit Wear shirt price on the order form! PTO is also looking into getting us at cost staff shirts as another option this year, more information coming soon.
Have a good weekend! Go Cubs Go!
- Monday: 3-5, Title I, Special Ed in Paul's room for ISTEP
- Wednesday: Staff Meeting-Conferences-bring your returned parent forms/schedule to schedule siblings in Samantha's Room
- Thursday: grade level meetings-Please meet with your grade level partner to discuss the writing plan and rubrics you follow for the year to cover the writing standards. We will share these at our next K-2 and 3-5 grade level team meetings.
- Friday: HA Team Meeting in Flag Room
Recent PD links:
Smeckens Reading/Thinking Voice Video: http://www.smekenseducation.com/Introduce-the-Reading-Voice-Thi.html
RACE Information video clips for kids:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zB3KTdRng
- AR goals to Lisa for the Reading Goals Bulletin Board
- Update Math Fact Class Mastery Data Board
- Schedule your STAR Reading lab time: window opens next week
- Send 100% work and students to my office to share!
- Share short classroom videos, etc. of FUPU learning with Nick and the JSE News Folder in Google for the news.
- Spirit Fridays, wear your orange and green!