Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
Everyone has done an amazing job with Phase 1 over the last 4 weeks, and I thank everyone for keeping the staff and students of LHISD as safe as possible.
I have met with the Health Services team, the Superintendent's Advisory Teacher committee, the Board, and based on their input, increased vaccinations, county data, and ISD data, I feel it is time to move from Phase 1 into Phase 2.
Phase 2 is as follows and will begin Monday, April 19th
- All staff and students must self-check before coming to school or boarding a bus.
- Teachers will continue to wear masks unless socially distanced. Masks will be on when in close proximity to students.
- Data will determine if staff mask protocols will be lifted with staff.
- In phase 2, masks are optional for students **(with exceptions)** Some teachers with health problems or compromised immunity might require masks in their classrooms. We expect full cooperation.
- Mandatory quarantines will apply to staff and students with home exposure. (14 days)
- School exposure quarantines. The school will notify parents and staff of any exposure. Parents will be given the choice to quarantine their children. If choosing not to quarantine, the student that is exposed should be self-checked before leaving home. Exposed students who continue to attend in person, will be checked by the nurse at the beginning of each day. Any student with symptoms after exposure will be quarantined for 10 days or an alternative diagnosis by a physician.
Continued frequent hand washing, building cleaning, and all other COVID-19 protocols will remain in place.
Please note that at any time if the county returns to a COVID status of "Red" or we see a dramatic increase in COVID cases on campus or in a classroom, masks may be required again.
I would like to thank everyone for doing their part to keep LHISD safe.
Calling Future Panthers
Liberty Hill ISD Education Foundation
REMINDER: DON'T MISS OUT, SENIORS!
LHEF is offering individual Student Scholarships. Any 2021 graduating Liberty Hill High School Senior can apply! Scholarship Applications are DUE by APRIL 30
Scholarships will be awarded at the Senior Breakfast on May 25th at 9 am (Tentative date and time).
Final Town Hall April 22nd
Have questions on the Bond? Be sure to tune in Thursday, April 22nd, to the Live Town Hall with Superintendent Snell and participate in the Live Q & A session.
CTE seeking Summer Internship Partners
Community Partners - CTE Advisory Committee
The CTE Advisory Committee had a successful meeting at the high school. This group of CTE teachers, staff, local businesses, labor representatives, and parents serve as advocates for the CTE programs to the community. They provide feedback, review, and assess the programs to help in their improvements and success. We appreciate our community partners- Thank you!!
CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
Chef Giles had a fun and productive day conducting a taste test at Santa Rita Elementary School on six different entrees involving different cooking methods last Friday.
Twenty students recorded their likes and dislikes on those items. Wanting to use student input on future menu choices, they also sought input on our current menu items.
We love that Child Nutrition Services is always looking for ways to add, teach or get feedback on the healthy meals they provide our Panther family. Thank you, Chef Giles and Santa Rita Elementary for participating in this worthwhile event!
National Assistant Principals Week
Last week was National Assistant Principals Week. We want to send a shout-out to the best APs a district could have! LHISD would not run smoothly without this team and the hard work they dedicate to our students, staff, and families. We are blessed you're part of our Panther family. Thank you! #lhchampions
National Librarian Day
LH FFA competed in the Spring Branch FFA virtual Speaking Contest. Shelby Lee placed 5th in the Agriculture Technology and Communications category, and Macy Tedder placed 4th in the Animal Science category!
Very proud of both these young ladies and advisors!
LH Fishing Team
The LH Fishing Team competed in the Faith Angler Network Tourney. 1st place went to Bo Stubblefield & Colton Kloesel with five bass weighing in at 15.7lbs. WINNERS!!!! 8th place to Christian Hunter & Mason Hunter with five bass at 11.77lbs. Congratulations boys and boat captains!
You’ve heard about the bond in May. Take some time to watch this video to become more familiar with what the bond covers and how it addresses the growth of LHISD over the next 5 years.
Let’s continue our standard of excellence building champions.
Senior Night and Panthers came up with a win on a close one. Defeating Glenn 5-4. Great job LH and our senior leadership who continue to be great role models on and off the field-oh the places you'll go!! Good Luck and know you'll always be part of the Panther Family!
Panther Baseball is currently tied for third place in the district!
Apr 16, at 7:00 PM VS Cedar Park
Apr 20, at 7:00 PM @ Marble Falls
Track & Field
The Area Meet will be held at East View on April 14.