February 4, 2024
12:05pm Dismissal on Thursday and Friday
We have exciting news for Village Meadows! We've had an outstanding donation to renovate our library with all new furniture. We will need help on Wednesday, March 13th and Thursday, March 14th to assemble the new furniture. It would be great if you could volunteer one day or both days. If you could bring a battery powered drill with a screw driver bit it also would be very helpful. If you can volunteer please email Mr. C at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office and talk with our secretary, Mr. Adam at 602-467-6300. Thank you so much.
Calling for Parent Volunteers for Field Day!
We will have our parent volunteer meeting on Tuesday, February 27th at 4:00 p.m. at Village Meadows Elementary School. If you want to be a volunteer you need to attend the training to help out. Field Day will be held on Wednesday, March 6th!
We are also in need of the following
- 20 cases of water
- 400 Otter Pops
Did you know:
• Students should miss no more than 9 days of school each year to stay engaged, successful and on track to graduation/grade level promotion.
• Frequent absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with a bully or facing some other difficulty.
• By 6th grade, absenteeism is one of three signs that a student may drop out of high school.
• By 9th grade, attendance is a better predictor of graduation rates than 8th grade test scores.
• Missing 10%, or 2 days a month, over the course of the school year, can affect a student’s academic success.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are helping schools reward students for perfect attendance during the month of February. Each student that achieves this can redeem a complimentary ticket to a variety of games from April to July. We look forward to awarding a lot of complimentary tickets.
School breakfast is available to all students during the following times:
- Kindergarten 8:20am-8:35am in the cafeteria-class will leave the cafeteria @ 8:40am and head to classrooms
- 1st grade-8:25am-8:35am in the cafeteria-class will leave the cafeteria @ 8:40am and head to classrooms
- 2nd-6th grade-8:25-8:40am in classrooms
Important Dates: February
- 5th-9th-Parent/Teacher Conference Week
- 8th & 9th-Half Day-12:05 dismissal
- 16th-Early Release @ 2:00pm
- 19th-Presidents Day, No School
- 23rd-Early Release, No School