Cobb Middle School Weekly News
March 27-31, 2017
Coming Up This Week...
- STAAR 7th Grade Writing and 8th Grade Math Exams (SEE BELOW)
- STAAR 8th Grade Reading Exam (SEE BELOW)
- Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 3:40-5:00 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Film Club, 3:40-4:10 p.m., C101
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B121
- First Day of Girls' Soccer Practice, 3:40-5:00 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer Parent Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Cafe
- Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 3:40-5:30 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Math & Science Team Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., E114
- Symphonic Band Clinic, 4:00-5:30 p.m., Band Hall
- Boys' Soccer Parent Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Cafe
- Legally Blonde Jr. Dance Rehearsal, 3:40-7:00 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Band Medieval Times Field Trip, 5:30-11:30 p.m.
- Annual FISD Harp Recital, 7:00 p.m., Frisco HS
Save the Dates
- 4/1 - Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 9:00-1:00, G102/Cafe
- 4/1 - Cobb Beautification Day HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND!
- 4/3 - Debate Club, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B114
- 4/3 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Soccer vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 4/4 - Band Non-Varsity UIL, 12:00-2:00 p.m., WHS
- 4/4 - Best Buddies meeting, 3:45-4:15 p.m., B112
- 4/4 - Future Wolverine Night, 7:30 p.m., WHS Baseball Field
- 4/5 - Comic Book Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D103
- 4/5 - Harry Potter Club, 3:40-4:30 p.m., C103
- 4/6 - Library Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., Library
- 4/6 - StuCo General meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m. OR 3:45-4:15 p.m., C118
- 4/6 - Coffee (Lunch!) with the Counselors featuring Patrice Dunn, time TBD, Library
- 4/6 - Legally Blonde Jr. Preview Night, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Cafe
- 4/6 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Soccer vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 4/7 - Choir Performance at Fisher, 7:30-8:40 a.m.
- 4/7 - Legally Blonde Jr. Performance, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Cafe
- 4/8 - Legally Blonde Jr. Performances, 1:00-2:00 and 6:00-7:00 p.m., Cafe
- 4/10 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Soccer vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 4/11 - Soccer Team Portraits, time TBD
- 4/11 - Band Varsity UIL, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., IHS
- 4/11 - Lego Club, 3:40-4:25 p.m., B123
- 4/12 - Choir All-Region Auditions, time and location TBD
- 4/13 - NJHS General Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D102
- 4/13 - 8th Grade Field Trip, downtown Dallas museums
- 4/13 - Spring Sports Pep Rally, 3:00 p.m., Large Gym
- 4/13 - 8th Graders' deadline to make 2017-2018 course changes
- 4/13 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Soccer vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 4/14 - HOLIDAY - NO SCHOOL!
STAAR Testing March 28th and 29th - CLOSED CAMPUS
- Tuesday, March 28 - 7th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Math
- Wednesday, March 29 - 8th Grade Reading
As we enter testing season please be mindful of the following general reminders.
- Please help your students get a good night’s rest before testing days so they are at their best!
- No tutorials for 7th and 8th graders on Tuesday, March 28 and none for 8th graders on Wednesday, March 29.
- Students who have not already pre-ordered a lunch from the cafeteria need to bring a sack lunch with them on testing days. We will not be able to deliver lunches to ANY students on test days, even those in grade levels that are not testing.
- Please refrain from visiting campus on testing days. Students who are testing will eat lunch in their classrooms after testing so do not plan to eat lunch with your child on those days.
- Students will be released to their testing rooms at 8:25 a.m. There is no reason for students to arrive to school any earlier than on a typical day.
- A hearty breakfast is advised as lunch will be a little later than normal for some students.
- We will provide a small snack and water bottle, but we also encourage students to bring additional healthy snacks if they choose. Water is the only beverage allowed in testing rooms.
- Wish your students good luck on their way out the door! They are going to do great! When they arrive home in the evenings do something fun to celebrate a successful testing day!
- 6th graders will follow the regular schedule on both Tuesday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 29.
- 7th Graders will follow the regular schedule on Wednesday, March 29.
NJHS Volunteer Opportunity - Check out the Pink Elementary Fun Run on April 20th for a chance to serve others.
7th Grade Parents - If you haven't already, please login into your student's mypaymentsplus account and pay for him/her to go on our 7th Grade Field Trip to the Dallas Zoo on May 19th. Read all about it here. Thank you for your help and support!
Join the Club - One of the best parts of middle school is getting involved with a group of your peers to do something you enjoy outside the classroom. Cobb has a diverse list of clubs and organizations to fit every student's interests, so encourage your child to try one out!