Mrs. Taylor's Jungle Times
Newsletter for September 5th
Welcome to First Grade
Hi! My name is Mrs. Taylor, your First Grade Teacher or Jungle Guide. I am so excited that you will be in my class this year! I can’t wait to meet you and start our year together.
I know you are going to love first grade. Our theme this year will be “Wild about Learning.” We will have lots of fun reading and writing stories, solving math problems, celebrating special days, exploring lots of subjects, and working together. This year you will learn and grow so much!
I have also created a website that is linked to the Mantua Public Schools website at https://sites.google.com/a/mantuaschools.com/mrs-taylor-s-first-grade/. Please check out the site. I will be posting some pictures up of the first few days of school. This site will be updated often, so please check back often.
Supplies Needed for First Grade
· 4 pack of fine point EXPO dry eraser markers
· 4 large glue sticks ( to be used throughout the year)
· A plastic box to hold school tools
A pencil case with a zipper ( to hold crayons)
· 2 boxes of 24 Crayola Crayons (for use throughout the year)
· 1 box of Addition Flash Cards
· A pair of scissors
· A white plain T-shirt (labeled with your name on it)
· A marble composition book
· 1 pocket folder