August 8, 2022
Tuesday August 16th:
Meet the Teacher Night @ 6:00pm
Wednesday August 17th:
7th Football 5:30 vs. Riverside (H)
8th Football 5:30 @ Riverside (A)
Thursday August 18th:
Volleyball 5:30 @ Carmel (A)
Note from the Principal
Greeting Charger Parents,
We are off to a wonderful start to the school year. It’s been nice seeing so many bright and smiling faces. We are pleased to announce that our building renovation project is slated to be completed in December. Things are looking great, and we are excited with the upgrades.
Our goals for the upcoming school year are as follows -
1. Academic – Revisiting our Professional Learning Communities to achieve academic excellence. Teachers will continue collaborating with each other on essential learnings and skills to improve student outcomes.
2. Behavior – Staff will be trained on restorative justice/practices. With restorative practices, classroom management is dealt with through conversation, personal accountability, growth, and reflection.
3. Culture – As a school, we will work towards cultivating a sense of belonging for all those connected to Fishers Junior High School. All are welcome here! Our hope is to strengthen our family partnerships and become the best junior high in the state.
Mark your calendars for August 16 for Meet the Teacher night. We will begin at 6:00 PM in the main gym. Our PTO will speak, followed by a 7th grade meeting for Camp Tecumseh and an 8th grade Washington DC field trip meeting. We ask that only parents attend on this night, and you will follow your student’s schedule. We will have people in the building to help you get to the classes. This is the time to meet our staff and learn more about our curriculum, instructional practices, and classroom expectations. This is also a time for you to see the transformation that has taken place inside our building. We look forward to meeting you.
Thank you for sending the very best students!
Proudly serving as your principal,
- School lunches are not free this year, if you qualify for Free and Reduced lunches, you will be required to fill out an application.
- If you need to add lunch money you can do that with eFunds.
- If you have not yet registered for Parent Square, please do. This will be the HSE Communications platform that has replaced Skylert. You can adjust your notifications in this tool to indicate whether you want ALL (District and Fall Creek) emails to come at once - the default is 6:00p or you can change it to immediately. You can also indicate whether you want a text alert to accompany the emails. Click here for helpful information.
Car Rider Drop-off/Pick-up Procedures
Information from the Treasurer
2022-23 student fees will be posted in Skyward the first week of September. You will be able to see your fees in Skyward once they are posted. An email notification will be sent to parents with a fees invoice attachment. The due date for payment is October 3, 2022. The preferred payment method is via eFunds. However, you may also send in a check or cash payment to FJH. Please include your student’s name and ID number on the check. Up to $8.35 in processing fees along with collection fees may be added if the balance remains outstanding after the due date.
Free and Reduced Assistance
Financial Assistance for students is available for those that qualify. If you have submitted an application for Free & Reduced School Meals, and it is approved, this also covers your student fees. You will be notified by the HSE Food Service Dept. if your application was approved, denied or more information is needed. Please allow extra time for the application to be processed and posted in Skyward. It may not appear on Skyward until later in September. A new application must be completed for this school year, one per household. Last years’ approval carries over for the first 30 days of school only. At that time all fees are applied.
The HSE School Board of Trustees has authorized a $20 fee for returned checks written to school.
If you have questions please contact our treasurer, Tabitha Lowry, email@example.com.
We are looking forward to a great year of fostering relationships between students, staff, and parents. We do that through a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- Student Spirit
- Staff Appreciation
- Dine-to-Donate events
- Spirit Wear
All parents and guardians of students attending FJH are part of the PTO. You can get involved by attending meetings, following us on our social media platforms and/or filling out this form. Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, August 17, at 8:00 a.m at the school. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
If you weren't able to attend Preview Day, here is a link to our Parent Survival Guide.
Meal Pricing 2022-2023
FOOD SERVICES IS HIRING!
COME HELP US PROVIDE THE IMPORTANT MEALS THE STUDENTS NEED TO MAKE FOR A GREAT SCHOOL DAY. Flexible hours, same schedule as your students and more. Support our schools and become involved in our district. We are a great team!