St. Bede School
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program that will help us determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth in mathematics and reading, enabling us to personalize their learning and monitor their progress over the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child where they are and provides appropriate instruction.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly more challenging questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this Diagnostic is not to give your child a score or grade but to determine how to best support their learning. Many of the classes have either started or will begin the i-Ready Diagnostic in the next few weeks.
What Can I Do To Help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage your child to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions to which they do not know the answers - remind them that it is expected that they will only get about half of the questions correct.
- Be respectful of other students who take longer to finish.
- Use paper and pencil to show work for math questions.
What Happens Next?
The i-Ready Diagnostic will provide results that help us identify your child’s strengths and determine the next steps for instruction. I look forward to sharing these results with you throughout the year and providing a learning experience that will engage your child while teaching essential skills and concepts.
If you have any questions about i-Ready, please do not hesitate to contact the school. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
COVID Safety Precautions
Thank you to all of our students, staff, and parents for helping to keep our school a safe place for learning despite the challenges created by COVID.
As we continue to take steps toward returning to regular routines, there will be challenges throughout our state and country. As a reminder, here are our St. Bede School COVID Safety precautions/protocols. They are intended to keep everyone safe.
- If your child is not feeling well, please keep them home from school. Even if COVID has not been confirmed, it’s still a good idea to keep your child home until you have talked with a health care provider or test results are known. Your child may not have COVID, but they could still be sick with a cold, flu, strep throat, or other contagious ailments.
- Please do not use fever-reducing medications and then send your child to school. This should be the practice at all times, not just for the current situation.
- If someone in your household has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please notify the school immediately. Also, please consider all household members as close contacts and get tested. If positive, quarantine according to current guidelines. The new variants of the COVID virus are more easily transmitted, so we need to continue taking measures that will slow the spread.
We are looking for another person to help with the yearbook for the 2021-2022 school year! Please email Nikki Brooks at email@example.com if you are interested. Yearbook planning starts in September. There will be an after-school yearbook club that starts in October for students. You will receive volunteer hours for your help!
We also have several committee spots open as well:
- Picnic planning
- Playground planning
- Daddy/Daughter Dance
- Teacher Appreciation
- Golf Outing 2022
- St. Bede Wine Night
Email Nikki Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or if you are interested!
Volley for the Cure
On Wednesday, October 6, our combined 4/5th, 6th, 7th (modified), and 8th-grade Girls Volleyball teams will be playing at Prince of Peace. This particular night they are hosting a fundraiser benefiting the National Breast Cancer Foundation. St. Bede participated in this event with Prince of Peace previously, and because of the tremendous amount of support our awesome school demonstrates each year, they have asked us to be part of it again this year!
Below is an order form for tees and hoodies. Anyone is welcome to purchase! There is a special t-shirt option for players to wear during the games; your daughter's jersey # can be printed on the back should you decide to order one for her. While this is absolutely not required, it'd be awesome to see all our girls playing with one!
Copies of the forms were distributed to all the students.
Please send your completed form to the school with payment (payment details on form) in an envelope marked "Volley For The Cure, Attention: Athletics," by Thursday, September 9.
6th Annual Halloween Hustle!
The weather is turning cooler, we have had a great three weeks of school, and our St. Bede Athletic season and the NFL regular season are all underway. What a great start to the year! And thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! It is much appreciated.