Father of the Pendulum
What Is The Pendelum?
- A pendulum with a long wire; can swing in any direction; the change in the swing plane demonstrates the earth's rotation.
- It was the first satisfactory demonstration of the Earth's rotation using a laboratory apparatus and astronomical observations.
- Created in 1851
- The second pendulum made by Foucalt is more famous than the first
- Not only did Leon notice the movement of earth but helped understand the speed of light.
- The reason behind his death is still unknown.
- They say he died of Multiple Sclerosis
- His name is written on the Eiffel Tower, has an asteroid named after him, and is still honored today for his achievements.