3rd Six Weeks Homework Project
- Grabber-a grabber is the first paragraph in a story that attracts the readers attention.
- Surprise the reader-start with unknown,interesting fact or give an unexpected twist.
- Ask a question-Ask something that needs an answer.Ask something that makes the reader think.
- Use a quotation-use either a wise or funny quote.Use a quotation that relates to relates to your topic.Be sure to mention the source of the quotation.
- Descriptive words-Five senses.Figurative language.Show something that is happening.
- Plot Development-is casual sequence of events.
- Exposition -is used to introduce background information about events,settings, characters ect.
- Rising Action -is what happens in a story leading up to the most exciting part of a story.
- Climax-the most intense,exciting,or important point of something.
- Falling Action -is defined as the parts of a story after the climax and before the very end.
- Resolution -is part of the story's plot line in which the problem of the story is resolved or worked out.
Orgins of a story
- Plan-is writing out ideas before starting your story.
- Brainstorming-is topics in which you think of to start your story
- Body Paragraph-is part of an essay ,report ,or speech that explains and develops a main idea.
- Conclusion-the end or finish of an event or process.
- Narrative-is the story(Fiction or Non-Fiction) told and the order in which it is told.
- Graphic organizer-is a chart that uses visual symbols to show knowledge,ideas,or thoughts,and the relationships between them.
- Topic Sentence-is the first sentence that describes the topic.
- Revise-is rereading your story for mistakes.
- Edit-is looking at sentence carefully and serves its purpose.
- Publishing-is the final draft of your story.
- Sensory Language-writers use sensory writing as a means of making their writing more realistic and descriptive.
- Descriptive Language-to create a picture in the readers mind