Player Early Childhood Center
Students in Track A Learning
Back to School Plan- Track A
This newsletter was scheduled to go out this morning with a message of Welcoming Back and to give you the starting dates for your track. Unfortunately, we have encountered another delay in the start of the year. Our district has been forced to postpone the opening of our schools until we can meet the newest IDPH guidelines that were just released. We remain hopeful that we will be able to resume face to face classes very soon. In the meantime, the information in this newsletter will still hold true when we do reopen. At the end of this newsletter, you will find a calendar for your reference with all of the dates that your track will fall on. For now, we are on full remote even though you will see Track A and Track B listed for next week and beyond. When we reopen, we will continue with those tracks.
Thank you for selecting to return to school following the hybrid model. Your child has been placed into Track A, which means he/she will attend school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The first day of school for your child will be determined soon. The morning class hours are from 8:15-10:45 and the afternoon hours will be from 11:45-2:15.
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, your child will be expected to participate in the remote learning activities that will be posted in the Google Classroom. Below you will find a link to show you how to log onto Google Classroom. Your Google Classroom will be open beginning on Monday, August 24th.
During the week of August 17th, one of your child's teachers will contact you to set up a time to meet virtually so you will have the opportunity to share things about your child and ask questions. The meeting will be about 15 minutes long and will hopefully begin to prepare your child more for his/her first day.
I will also be sharing with you an orientation video so you will get to know more about how things work at Player School. Some things that you may need to know right now that may be different from the past due to our current situation with Covid-19:
- Parents will receive a self-certification form to fill out every Tuesday and Thursday morning before coming to school. This will ask a few questions about your child's current health and temperature.
- When students arrive, we will once again check temperatures. If a child has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, we will call you immediately to pick up your child from school.
- Students will be required to wear a face mask (or specialty shield if a mask is not tolerated). These specialty shields are given to specific students on a need basis.
- To begin the school year, we ask that students do not bring any items from home, including a backpack. We may be able to allow backpacks later in the year, but for now, as an added precaution, we will say no backpacks are needed.
- Each child will receive a fanny pack that they can wear and use to store their own mask when they are allowed to remove it (such as when we go outside). Rather than the students putting them down or losing them, they will put away their masks into their own fanny pack pocket. They can even store a 2nd mask in it if a parent would like to send one. They will go home with their fanny packs, but please make sure they are wearing it when they return the next time in school. Please wipe them down thoroughly when they return home.
- Please remember to send in a change of clothes for your child, including underwear and socks. The clothes should be placed in a gallon sized storage bag with your child's name on it. This change of clothes will be stored in his/her locker in the event of a bathroom accident or spill that requires him/her to be changed.
- All other supplies and materials are included in the program so you will not need to send in anything else.