A WORD TO THE WISE...
Let the countdown begin...1 week and Spring Break will have sprung!!
*O.K. - Hopefully you have celebrated or will be celebrating on Monday with your students for filling in the O. Remember this week we are doing K - Kinder Cafeteria manners. If you are not on cafeteria duty, please make an effort to at least walk through once or twice during the week and hand out tickets.
* TEAM LEADER MEETING - Since the HR meeting will be in Wednesday, we will be meeting Monday.
* HR MEETING - Please remember that we will be meeting with HR and Dr. Vandermark on Wednesday after school. K, 1, 2, 3, 4 and physical education staff need to attend.
* VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Lisa McGarrah, district technology coach, wants to come do a lesson using virtual reality googles. If you are interested, please let me know so that we can book her. She has plenty of time in March but we need to get her booked quick!
* WELCOME TO DAKOTA JENKINS - She will taking over Mr. Wardrup's class. We are excited to have her. Also, Ms. Gatley, who has been subbing for us, will continue to be with us through STAAR to help with intervention groups for third and fourth grade STAAR.
* KINDERGARTEN FIELD TRIP - Is scheduled for Wednesday, March 6.
* SPRING CREEK BBQ NIGHT - PTO is hosting Spring Creek BBQ Night on Tuesday, March 19. Please sign up to work that evening. The sign up is near the mailboxes.
* SPRING FLING PICTURES - Will be on Friday, March 22 upon our return from Spring Break. Please make sure parents know about this date.
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year.
*CHOCOLATE SALES - PTO has put an envelope in your mailbox for you to collect money. If you could please take a minute each morning, collect envelopes and just put them in the large one. They will drop by daily at 9:30 and 1:30 to collect the large envelope. If you could please leave it close to your door, that way they won't have to interrupt to ask about it. Please leave it near your door whether you money or not. That way they will just grab and go and place it back in your mailbox at the end of the day.
*EARLY DISMISSAL - Just a reminder that Friday is early dismissal. Please help make sure parents are award by adding it to your weekly reminders.
* GRADES DUE - Just a reminder that grades are due before you leave on Friday!
* BEHAVIOR - We are all noticing that unacceptable behaviors are on the rise. Please take a few moments daily to remind students of expectations. Remember, we've talked before that losing a few minutes of instruction to reinforce expectations causes us to have extra time on the end because we are not constantly dealing with behavior issues. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact the front office and ask for someone to come. If Kara and I are both tied up, someone will come and we will handle the situation as soon as we are free. Statistics show that complimenting students on their good behavior reduces the amount of misbehaviors overall..
*AMBASSADOR AWARDS - Will be delivered on Tuesday, March 5. Please know that Dr. Null and a board member will be in the building handing out awards that morning so please dress appropriately.
* POSTER METHOD - Friday is Poster method Friday for math. Plan your day accordingly.
* BOND PRESENTATION - Dr. Null will be doing a public informational meeting at ORHS on April 15 starting at 6 p.m. If you are interested in hearing how this bond will impact the district, please plan to attend.
* BIGGEST LOSER GROUP - Don't forget to weigh in on Monday!
* TELPAS - We are on the last leg. Make sure you have all writing submitted. Kara will finish online testing this week. Any other updates you need will come from Kara.
*TUTORIALS - We will do one more round of tutorials for third and fourth grade students. We NEED ALL HANDS ON DECK! If you are willing to work with a small group for reading or math, please email me and let me know by Wednesday!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
FOGS - For handling so much Friday morning with Kara, Becky and myself all off campus! You did great!!
Pako, Gina, Claudia, Rachel and Elsy - for helping with TELPAS online testing! - Kara
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
1 - First grade program
4 - Team Leader
5 - Ambassador Awards delivered
6 - Rachael Fuller and Kelsey Bartlett's birthday
6 - Kindergarten field trip to 7 Acre Woods
7 - Big Art Day
8- Poster Method/Early Release/End of 3rd Nine weeks
10 - Diana White's birthday
11 - 15 - SPRING BREAK
14 - Carli Metcalf's birthday
16 - Jackie Rew's birthday
18 - CORE team meeting
19 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
20 - First grade planning day
20 - Tami out to Principals' meeting
20 - SOURCE meeting after school
21 - Second grade planning day
22 - Spring Fling Pictures
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Kinder planning day
26 - Third and fourth benchmark/schedule flipped
27 - Fourth grade planning day
28 - Third grade planning day
29 - Award Cart delivery day