Your Weekly Update from Memorial Elementary School
Dear Memorial Families and Caregivers:
We have had a superb start to the school year! The energy from our students and staff has been amazing. Classroom teachers spent the first few days establishing routines and expectations while also prioritizing community-building activities. While visiting all of our classrooms over the last few days, Mr. Marra and I were excited to see the level of student engagement and classroom cultures being established. Our scholars are connecting again with old friends while making our new friends feel very welcomed. It is a true testament of what Memorial is all about.
Over the weekend, please take some time to ask your children how things are going. Your feedback and continued support is always appreciated. We look forward to partnering with you throughout the school year. Please note, that our newsletter will now be bi-weekly. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.
POINT OF PRIDE
Things You Need to Know
1. Labor Day is Monday, September 4th. School will be closed on that day.
2. Please make sure that all your required yearly forms are filled out and completed. You all received an individualized link back in August.
3. Remember that if you are visiting the school or volunteering in any capacity, you must have your CORI completed.
4. Early Release Day is scheduled for Wednesday September 20th. All grades will be dismissed at 12:40pm.
5. Our annual Curriculum Nights are scheduled as follows: (both nights are from 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- September 20th- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
- September 21st- Grade 3 and Grade 4
More information to follow
The Memorial PTO is a parent and teacher run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our students and fostering a sense of community within our school. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our students. We believe in cultivating a positive learning environment to allow for students to achieve their highest potential. Please become an active participant in the PTO. Below is the link to their website:
or email them at:
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5