Divine Providence School
March 25, 2021 Home and School Connection
Don't cook tonight... support our school!
Please call the school if you will be traveling over Spring Break so we can give you information about quarantine
i-Ready Diagnostic Results
Please see the two buttons below for more information regarding the diagnostic from Mrs. Phyllis Cavallone, Chief of Academics for the the Archdiocese of Chicago as well as a link on how to understand your child's results.
The main point to keep in mind is that we want your child to grow. All children grow at different times. We sometimes like to think about it like a bag of microwave popcorn. All kernels will pop! Many will pop at about the same time, a few pop early and a few may pop even as you open the bag. Some may have needed just a little more time. Student growth key! As a school, we are seeing amazing results! In case you did not see, last school year, i-Ready showed Divine Providence School as having significant gains, all during the onset of the pandemic!
The beauty of i-Ready is that each child is being taught and assessed at their level. They receive lessons based on their needs to help them grow. There is no doubt that diagnostics are challenging! Please support your child and tell them to keep working hard and to do their best. It does not help them, if you help them! If they do not understand, they will be assessed. If they do not pass, the lesson will be retaught to them. Teachers monitor their lessons for this. If they continue to not pass, it will alert the teacher for some one to one assistance.
Over the next few months we really need your support to make sure that your child is working on their i-Ready. Every student should be doing at least 30 minutes a week in Reading and in Math.
Chief of Academics Archdiocese of Chicago, Office of Catholic Schools
i-Ready Diagnostic is administered to students in grades K-8
Safe travels- Updated guidance from the Archdiocese of Chicago
- The Archdiocese of Chicago and Office of Catholic Schools follow the Chicago Emergency Travel Order, for domestic travel regardless of whether the traveler resides in the city of Chicago, Cook County or Lake County. In consultation with our medical advisors, we have updated our travel guidelines to conform to new guidance from public health authorities.
The following travel quarantine guidelines replace all prior guidance. Remember that public health departments discourage inter-state travel. We continue to recommend that Catholic school families and employees enjoy a safe spring break at home.
Domestic travel (state-to-state)
- No quarantine is necessary if the traveler is fully vaccinated, which is defined as two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination will be required to avoid quarantines.
- Individual must not have symptoms and must maintain strict masking and physical distancing. If a fully vaccinated individual does have symptoms, he or she must quarantine and consult with a health care provider.
- Domestic travel in states designated Orange on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map requires:
- Ten-day quarantine upon return if there is no negative pre-arrival test (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable) or the traveler is not fully vaccinated (see above for definition of fully vaccinated) OR
- A pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the school) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person out-of-school gatherings. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance, but no earlier than 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state. Any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable.
- For domestic travel in states designated as Yellow on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map, no quarantine or pre-arrival test is required. However, travelers must maintain strict masking and physical distancing.
Regardless of vaccination status, international travelers must follow CDC guidelines:
- Traveler is to be tested three to five days after their return to the U.S. and must quarantine for a seven-day period even if the post-arrival test is negative (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable).
- If traveler chooses not to take a test three to five days after their return to the U.S., he or she must quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated families and communities around the world over the past year. However, vaccines are a ray of hope against a killer virus and have gained the approval of public health authorities, Pope Francis and Cardinal Cupich. As communities of faith concerned about the sanctity of human life, our religious leaders and Catholic school heroes are not only encouraging everyone to get vaccinated but are rolling up their sleeves to get a life-saving vaccine themselves.
Re-Registration for 2021-2022 School Year
We are now in the process of planning for the upcoming school year! Planning for our school budget, textbooks, resources and the programs we can offer is all impacted by our school’s enrollment. This year, we are going paperless! We are asking all our current families to recommit to Divine Providence Catholic School for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please complete re-registration HERE. The registration fee is $200.00 per family (non-refundable).
If you have any new student(s) in your household whom you plan on enrolling at Divine Providence for the next school year, please submit your child’s birth certificate, a new student application, immunization record and Baptismal certificate (if applicable) to Linda Hawkins, Director of Marketing and Enrollment at email@example.com
Click here for instructions on how to obtain necessary tuition documents for 2020.
Please help us share the word!
You can receive $500 off tuition next year by referring a new family! You can receive more than one discount if you refer more families. (You would receive the discount at the end of the 21/22 school year provided the referred family has been current with all tuition payments)
NUT cards! All students who have registered for next year will receive a NUT card! This will give them Friday out of uniform days from March 12- June 4th! The first class to get 100% response about next year (either they are registered or have let us know you will not be returning) will get a pajama day!
If you are not planning on returning to DP for the 2021-2022 school year, please let the school office know. Thank you!
2019-2020 School yearbook- a few more copies left!
Please fill one form out for each child you would like to purchase a 2019 - 2020 yearbook. (This is LAST school year, not the current school year) Yearbook money will be billed to your FACTS account. Payment must be made upon billing in order to receive the yearbook. **Limited amount of yearbooks available!** Distribution o yearbooks will be in order of families that order one. Due to the limited quantity, we may not be able to fulfill every order. You will not be charged if we cannot fill your order.
The price for EACH book is $18.00
Use this link if you would like to purchase a 2019-2020 Divine Providence School yearbook
IMPORTANT - If anyone in your household tests for COVID-19
The reality is that children may be positive with the slightest of symptoms. Always keep our school in your communication.
March/ April Lunch
March 26 - Mozzarella Sticks
March 29 - Mini corn dogs
March 30 - Hot dog
March 31 - Pizza dippers
April 1- Chicken Nuggets
April 5-9 NO SCHOOL
April 12 - Chicken Nuggets
April 13 - Meatball Pizza Sub
April 14 - All American Cheese Melt
April 15 - Sliced turkey with gravy
April 16 - Spaghetti with Meatballs
April 19 - Popcorn Chicken
April 20 - Salisbury Steak with gravy
April 21 - Country Chicken nugget bowl
April 22- -Chicken tenders
April 23 - Mozzarella Sticks
April 26 - Deep Dish Pepperoni pizza
April 27 - Classic Hamburger
April 28 - Mini Corn Dogs and Pretzel bites
April 29 - NO LUNCH, early dismissal
April 30 - NO SCHOOL Teacher in-service
* Menu subject to change
April 2 - NO SCHOOL Good Friday
April 4 - Easter Sunday
April 5 - 9 - Easter Break NO SCHOOL
April 12 - Classes resume
April 13 - Late Start 9AM
April 16 - Optional Parent/ Teacher conferences, 11:30 dismissal
April 29 - Early dismissal 1 PM - NO LUNCH
April 30 - NO SCHOOL, faculty inservice
May 11 - Late Start 9AM
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
June 2 - 8th grade last day of school
June 2 - 8th grade graduation
June 8 - Last day of school dismissal at 1:30 PM
2021 Early dismissal dates:
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
Divine Providence Staff 2020-2021
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2020-2021