Happy Birthday Beverly Cleary
April 12th marks this famous author's birthday!
Beverly Cleary's birthday, April 12th, is celebrated across the country on D.E.A.R. Day, with activities related to the Drop Everything and Read Program. One of the most popular and honored authors of all time, Beverly Cleary has won the Newbery Medal for DEAR MR. HENSHAW, and both RAMONA QUIMBY, AGE 8 and RAMONA AND HER FATHER have been named Newbery Honor Books. She makes her home in coastal California.
Watch this short video with Beverly Cleary
Visit Beverly Cleary's Website
Meet the Characters
1. In Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary, Ramona has a doll named...
2. What was Ramona in the Christmas Play?
3. What is the name of Beatrice and Ramona's cat?
4. In Beezus and Ramona, Ramona nearly ruins an entire box of apples in her attempt to prove which old saying true?
5. What is the subject of Beverly Cleary's "Socks"?
6. What is Beezus's real name?
7. In Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary, what is Ralph?
8. In Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary, what made a ping-pinging noise?
9. In The Mouse and the Motorcycle, where did the mice live?
10. Who is the narrator of Ribsy?