Know Before You Go
Tegucigalpa, Honduras and Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
☐ Make copies of your passport and other important travel documents
☐ Notify banks and credit card companies of your travel plans
☐ Enroll in HTH Worldwide health insurance
In Country Safety Tips
- Always travel in groups of two or more.
- Never display cash or valuables.
- Avoid travel at night or to isolated areas of the city.
- Always keep windows up and doors locked when traveling in vehicles.
- Exercise extreme caution when discussing travel plans in public.
- Always know what you are doing and where you are going, even if you have to fake it.
FAQ: What should I do in the case of a medical emergency?
Who should I contact in case of an emergency?
In case of a medical emergency, make your way to the nearest medical facility and call HTH's 24/7 call center at +001 (610) 254-8771. If you are the victim of a crime, contact the local authorities using 911 (applicable in both locations). For students traveling to Tegucigalpa, you might also want to contact the US Embassy depending on the severity of the crime. In all emergency cases, contact Penn State University Police Services at +001 (814)863-1111, and be sure you update your advisor or host organization of the situation.