June 15, 2021
Tomorrow is the last day of school!!!
We hope you all have a great summer!!
WES has a new playground!
*Our playground will be closed on Thursday, June 17th from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. for a staff function.
Congratulations to our 5th graders!!
Spending quality time with your child does not have to be expensive.
1. Take a walk or go for a bike ride together around your neighborhood.
2. Go to the park, pack a picnic lunch and invite some friends
3. Go fishing. Have your children learn about the different types of fish they could catch
4. Go to your public library. This is the link to Forbush Library and its summer reading program. https://forbushlibrary.org/upcoming-events/
5. Start a family book club. Read the same book as your child and discuss.
6. Have your child keep a journal of their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
7. Do a family community service project, like cleaning up the park, yard work for an elderly neighbor, or writing letters to servicemen or those in nursing homes.
8. Teach your child how to cook and bake
9. Write letters to friends and family. You can even send some of those wonderful works of art that are usually overflowing in your home!
Feel free to download and print the calendar for the 2021/2022 school year for the entire district of AWRSD.
Title 1 News
Every year, each public school and school district in Massachusetts receives a report card. Just as your child’s report card shows how they are doing in different subjects, the school’s 2020 report card is designed to show families how our school is doing in different areas. You can find the Elementary School Report Cards at the following links.
John R. Briggs School Report Card HERE.
Meetinghouse School Report Card HERE.
Westminster Elementary School Report Card HERE.
The report card includes multiple measures of a school’s performance – more than just MCAS scores. It represents a new way of looking at school performance, by providing information on student achievement, teacher qualifications, student learning opportunities, and more.
Report cards are designed to be useful tools for everyone connected to our school. Families can use the information to have meaningful conversations with us about what the school is doing well and where there is room for improvement. Community and education leaders can use the information to better understand how to support students and our school.
To improve student performance in our school, we are continuing to assess our approach to providing academic interventions with students. Additional information about our school’s performance can be found in the 2019 Accountability Report. A link to our schools’ Accountability Reports are available at Briggs Elementary, Meetinghouse School, and Westminster Elementary.
We encourage you to become involved in helping us improve our school. We see parents as critical partners in the success of our students and school, and we are grateful for your continued support.
Finally, if your child attends a school that receives federal Title I funds, you also have the right to request the following information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers:
Whether your child’s teacher is licensed in the grade levels and subject areas they teach,
Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency license or waiver,
The college degree and major of your child’s teacher, and
Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you have questions about our school’s report card, would like to become involved in school improvement activities, or would like to request information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher, please contact Nat North at 978-827-5750 at Briggs or Kathy Taylor 978-874-2043 at Westminster Elementary.
The Elementary Administrators
2021 SUMMER KIDS Enrichment Programs For Kids
Click here for information for the town sponsored summer recreation program. This program is only for Westminster residents that are currently in kindergarten through fifth grade of the 20/21 school year.