Rocket Weekly News
MLE Week of 10/12 to 10/16
Each Day, Each Child, Success!
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
How could I have forgotten World Teacher Day??
Here are a few famous quotes to celebrate these inspiring mentors on their day:
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” ― William Arthur Ward.
“Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.” ― Charles Kuralt.
“When you study great teachers... you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.” ― William Glasser.
“Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” ― Solomon Ortiz.
“The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.” ― Ally Carter.
“What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” ― Karl A. Menninger.
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” ― Henry Adams.
“You can't stop a teacher when they want to do something. They just do it.” ― J.D. Salinger.
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” ― Albert Einstein .
“A teacher who loves learning earns the right and the ability to help others learn.” ― Ruth Beechick.
“Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners.” ― Ken Blanchard.
“The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” ― Mark Van Doren.
“True patience is grounded in wisdom & compassion.” ― Allan Lokos.
“Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.” ― Helen Caldicott
“The average teacher explains complexity; the gifted teacher reveals simplicity.” ― Robert Brault.
Have a wonderful week Maple Lawn Motivators!
- Collecting the right data—the right way.
- Incorporating relevant data into your daily practice.
- Never settling for “good enough.”
- Anticipating changes—big and small.
- Collaborating and avoiding isolated practice.
- Involving all in identifying problems, setting goals, and analyzing data.
- Agreeing on what constitutes high-quality instruction and feedback.
Congratulations to Mr. Gutierrez!
Click on the following link to read the article :)
Week of 10/12 to 10/16
Monday Meeting 3:15 - presenter from Region 10
Grade Level Chair Mtg- Carnival discussion-After 3:15 presentation
Dr. Valadez visit 1:00
Bond Do's and Don'ts video certificate due
ESTAR & MSTAR Universal screener deadline
PLC- data meeting moved from Thursday 10/15