District 622 e-news
August 1, 2023
November 21, 2023
District 622 e-News available in accessible format
You can change the font size, color contrast, or language of e-news. Click on the translate or people icon to adjust accordingly.
There is no school this Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24, for Thanksgiving break.
North Show Choir clinic
North will be hosting the 13th annual Northern Lights Show Choir Clinic on December 1 & 2, 2023. This clinic is a fun opportunity to sing, dance, and work with our show choir students, all culminating in a fun performance on Saturday! After the performance, the Northern Lights will also debut their 2023-24 set!!
The show choir clinic is open to all students K-12th grade! Students can be from any school in Minnesota!
Not only is it a fun event, but it also can:
*Teach students to have stage presence and confidence
*Help students with their singing and dancing skills
*Help prepare students for show choir auditions
*Help prepare students for other auditions
*Introduce new people and make new friends
There are limited spots available so hurry and reserve your spot today! Here is the online registration link.
Points of Pride
North Choir at the Timberwolves game
North Choir students performed at the Timberwolves game at Target Arena on November 20.
Scene Around 622
Varland brothers at Weaver and John Glenn
Yesterday, North alumni and MLB players, Gus and Louie Varland visited students at Weaver and John Glenn.
622 Education Foundation
Click for a Cause auction
We asked for your help and you delivered with amazing baskets, donations and experiences. You were part of making a difference in the lives of our 622 community. Thanks to your generosity, we were able to raise over $33,000!!! From our entire Click for a Cause auction committee and 622 Education Foundation board of directors: thank you so much for your support.
Delivered by mid-December:
- $11,000 in gift cards for the upcoming holidays
- 145 pairs of winter boots
- 150 winter hats
- 400 pairs of winter gloves
- Award of Excellence celebrating outstanding 622 graduating seniors; in Spring 2023 we awarded $10,000 to outstanding graduating students
- GrantEd program - issues grants to teachers and staff for innovative ideas; in Fall 2023 awarded ten $500 grants to district staff for innovative ideas in our 622 community
"Learning for All" catalog cover contest
National Community Education Day is Nov. 9, 2023. School District 622 CE is holding a contest to design the cover for our "Learning for All" Catalog. This catalog is published three times a year and is mailed to over 40,000 households. The overall theme is "We Love Community Education." One 1st place winner and one runner up will be chosen from each category.
Child Ages 17 and under: Using the template, design a Summer themed poster that will be used on the cover of the Community Education Learning For All Summer catalog.
Adult: Ages 18+: Using the template, design a Fall themed poster that will be used on the cover of the Community Education Learning For All Fall catalog.
Prizes: 1st place in each category: $100 and winning entry will be showcased on the respective Learning for All catalog cover.
Each runner up will win $25.
All entries will be displayed on our website and may appear throughout the pages of each respective catalog.
- Only one entry per person.
- Community members and employees are invited to participate.
- Only those community members who live or are enrolled in school district 622 are eligible (though employees of 622 who live outside the district are welcome to enter as well).
- Poster can be created from any media excluding A.I. generated images.
- Entries can be in color or in black and white.
- All artwork needs to be original/no stock art.
- If original photographs of people are incorporated, a photo release needs to be included for every person with entry submission.
- No political, religious or inappropriate content is allowed.
- We reserve the right to accept or deny any submission at our discretion.
- Minors under the age of 18 are required to have a guardian sign this release form and attach it to the submission.
- Community Education reserves the right to use the submission and the artist's name for marketing purposes.
- The original submission and copyrights remain the property of School District 622 Community Education.
Entries can be picked up at, and submitted to the front office of any district building. Entries must be submitted by the end of the business day on Dec. 1, 2023 to be eligible. Entry forms can also be downloaded and printed from the website at: communityeducation.isd622.org.
Did you know that ECFE provides a FREE infant class? The class runs all year long and includes activities, songs, rhymes, movement and parent discussion with a parent educator. You and your child will spend time together exploring toys and participating in classroom activities in a stimulating environment. Come meet other families and see what ECFE has to offer! Register here: https://isd622.ce.eleyo.com/course/ecfe/10985/ecfe-2023-2024/2023-24-incredible-infants
Thanksgiving food resources
View the information from Ramsey County below for Thanksgiving food resources.
Save your receipts!
Purchasing school supplies can get expensive for families. You should save your receipts from these purchases because most school supply purchases qualify for a valuable K-12 Education Credit or Subtraction. Learn more about the credit and subtraction and how to claim it on your taxes next year: www.revenue.state.mn.us/k-12-education-subtraction-and-credit
Alumni news form
We would like to highlight/give a shoutout to alumni of District 622 in upcoming editions of our e-News. Please complete the alumni news form if you have interesting news to share regarding alumni of District 622.
DHS member eligibility renewal process
Through January 2024, Minnesotans on Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare who need extra time and support will have an additional month to turn in their renewal paperwork.
- If the previous deadline to renew coverage was Aug. 31, 2023, the new deadline is Sept. 30, 2023
- If the previous deadline to renew coverage was Sept. 30, 2023, the new deadline is Oct. 31, 2023.
- If the previous deadline to renew coverage was Oct. 31, 2023, the new deadline is Nov. 30, 2023.
- If the previous deadline to renew coverage was Nov. 30, 2023, the new deadline is Dec. 31, 2023.
- If the previous deadline to renew coverage was Dec. 31, 2023, the new deadline is Jan. 31, 2024.
Khaws koj li kev tuav pov hwm kev noj qab haus huv cia: mn.gov/dhs/mycontactinfo/hmong
Ilaalso caymiskaaga caafimaadka: mn.gov/dhs/mycontactinfo/somali
Mantenga su seguro medico: mn.gov/dhs/mycontactinfo/spanish
Peachjar electronic flyers
Join the 622 team!
We're Hiring! Join ISD 622!
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do. Join our team and become a Paraeducator, Substitute Teacher, or School Bus Driver (we'll help you get your CDL)!
Please visit our careers site for a list of open positions.
For more information please contact Human Resources at (651) 748-7421.