May 6-10, 2019 --- Home of the Wildcats
A Message From the Walker Administrative Team
Dear Walker Families,
Please join us in celebrating National Teacher Appreciation Week this week, May 6-10! Walker has the most amazing team of teachers who work hard every day to ensure that all students are engaged in learning. We have special ways that you can join us in celebrating our team of teachers listed below. You may choose one or all five of the special ways for us to say thank you to our teachers.
- Monday - Thank You Day: Have your child write a "Thank You" message in a note or on a card and have them give it to their teacher.
- Tuesday - Flower Day: Have your child say “Thank You” by bringing a FLOWER from your garden or otherwise.
- Wednesday-Family Card Appreciation Day: Families, this is your chance to have fun creating a card that is a one-of-a-kind design! Each child’s family will bring a very special “Card of Appreciation” designed especially for their teacher! Parents, this would be a great morning for you to walk your child to class and present your card to their teacher.
- Thursday- Book Dedication Day: Have your child dedicate his/her favorite book (appropriate grade level) to the teacher. It can be gently used or new. The dedicated book can have a simple message to the teacher on the inside cover and signed by your child to be added to the classroom library.
- Friday - Surprise your child's teacher with a gift of your choice! Maybe a candy treat or something for the classroom.
We want to make sure all special teachers are recognized as well. Please ask your child if they have an additional teacher they would like to celebrate by doing one of the things listed above for a specialty teacher: Special Education, LLI, Speech, G.T., EAST, P.E., Library, Music, or the Art teacher.
Mrs. Lynn Ryan, Principal
Mrs. Carrie Farris, Assistant Principal
WNN News --- May 3, 2019
Lost & Found
Other ways to connect to Walker Elementary
Please follow our Walker Facebook page for important information about upcoming events and to learn about what is happening at Walker Elementary school.
Walker Elementary EAST is an educational program that combines self-direction, teamwork, service and cutting-edge technology in a manner that helps students to develop their own interests and aptitudes in a positive environment.
Please like our Walker PTA Facebook page to stay updated on upcoming PTA events and volunteer opportunities.
KKids is open to all 3rd-5th-grade students. KKids students are leaders who strive to do amazing things for our school, the community, and the world.
Create an account to manage your child's lunch account or fill out for FREE/REDUCED LUNCH.