Otoe County 4-H Wednesday What-Nots
April 12, 2023
In This Issue
- Senior Banners
- Enroll in 4-H for 2022-23!
- New Members
- Shout Outs and Fun Finds
- Upcoming 4-H Workshops & Events
- 4-H Public Speaking and Presentation Contest- registration due Friday
- Club Resources
2023 Otoe County Fair
Thursday, Jul 27, 2023, 08:00 AM
Syracuse, NE, USA
If you are having problems with your enrollment, this site can help you navigate through most problems, or please call me at the office and I will help you.
Please add your t-shirt size to your enrollment.
Governor's Agricultural Excellence Awards-Deadline Extended
We are extending the deadline to apply for the Governor’s Agricultural Excellence Awards in 2023 due to several requests for a bit more time. Please encourage your clubs to consider applying for a grant to assist with completing a project that will have a lasting impact on your community and/or program. The application form is linked on the Nebraska 4-H Foundation website: https://www.ne4hfoundation.org/governers-ag-excellence-award/. We will accept applications through April 21st,, 2023.
The Governor’s Agricultural Excellence Awards are sponsored by Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA). We encourage all clubs to consider a project that will impact their community and promote Nebraska 4-H.
Please note the requirements for the grant:
- Projects should fit within one of the seven programming areas of Nebraska 4-H
- Highly encourage community engagement and educational components
- Clubs need to consider the impact of their project and how they will assess the impact
- Clubs should consider at least one additional outside partner to help complete their project.
- A written letter of support from a 4-H professional in their county will need to accompany the application.
- Clubs who have received the award in the past and not submitted a summary report at the conclusion of their project will not be considered for future awards.
Clubs should submit their application and all materials to Lindsay Shearer (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email on or before April 21, 2023.
1976 - Otoe County song contest winners- Russel Creek. Do you recognize any of these ladies???
Welcome to Our New Clover Kids!
Brock , Blaiklee
Meyer , Madison
Reisdorff , Macklin
Welcome to these new 4-H Members
YQCA Training - Friday, May 19th REQUIRED FOR ALL LIVESTOCK EXHIBITORS
Please go to https:// yqcaprogram.org
Enter your log in information from last year, choose child's age and Instructor-Led training. Once you add this to the cart, you can scroll to May 19th, and find the Otoe County training. Choose either the morning or afternoon time and add. You will be charged $3 for each session. Please register asap if you plan on using this training. If you need help, let me know.
Otoe County Progressive Agriculture Farm Safety Day https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078985015650
or you can register at https://forms.gle/TCq8dBLA3kCuArBP7. This year you have the option to Venmo registration fees.
Save the Date! June 26- Livestock Showmanship Clinic at Kimmel ....
UPCOMING 4-H Calendar
- Wednesday, April 12- 4-H Council Meeting 7:00 pm
- Friday, April 14- Deadline to register for Public Speaking and Presentation Contest
- Sunday, April 16-4-H New Shooter Clinic - Kimmel
- Sunday, April 23- Public Speaking and Presentation Contest
- Friday, April 28- Office closed for Arbor Day Holiday