July 2023 Edition
Dear Gayman Families,
I hope you are doing well and enjoying these summer months.
As we look forward to the upcoming, 2022-2023 school year, I would like to share our staffing plans. Please know the teaching assignments are tentative, though I do not anticipate significant changes.
There is little change in our classroom teachers:
- Kindergarten - Ms. Cell (soon to be Mrs. Kuhn)
- First Grade - Mrs. Kruzits, Mrs. Trouts and Mrs. Ventresca
- Second Grade - Mrs. Della Porta, Mrs. Klebba, and a new Gayman teacher
- Third Grade - Mrs. Flanagan, Mrs. Menard and Mr. Pisch
- Fourth Grade - Mrs. Bullard, Mr. Isaacsohn and Ms. Law
- Fifth Grade - Mr. Hudak, Ms. Khatchadourian and Mr. Maduzia
- Sixth Grade - Mr. Grace, Mrs. Milroy and Mrs. Thompson
In the fall, Ms. Hoffman will be stepping away for a year-long sabbatical. Please join me in wishing her well on her professional endeavors. Therefore, we will welcome a new 2nd grade teacher to our community. The teacher's name will be announced early August.
In our specialist staffing, Mrs. McGough, Ms. O'Connor, Mrs. (Constable) Pisani, Mrs. Fili, and Mrs. Rhodes will continue to work in the speech, special education and gifted department. Sadly, we are saying goodbye to Ms. Kersey. She is moving to the Buckingham Elementary where she will be teaching students with autism; however, we are welcoming a new special education teacher to Gayman, Mrs. Cheryl Roche. Mrs. Roche joins us from a neighboring school district, and we look forward to joining our community!
Our specialists will also remain the same:
- Art - Ms. Noone
- Library - Mrs. Thomas
- Music - Mrs. Simon
- PE - Mr. Foster
- QUEST - Mr. Shaw
- Band - Mr. Losch
- Strings - Mrs. Quinn
In 2022-2023, Mrs. Hedges, Mrs. Moran, Mrs. Kehoe, and Ms. Meier will return to support our students' physical, emotional, and academic needs. We will also have a new addition to our Reading Department, Mrs. Laura Halpin. We are delighted to have Mrs. Halpin, a former Butler Elementary School teacher, join our reading team!
Just as in previous years, final class assignments will be announced on August 1st via the Parent Portal.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, August 1st @ 8:00AM - Classroom Placement available in Parent Portal
- Monday, August 22nd @ 5:00 - 6:00PM - 2022-2023 New Student Welcome!
- Wednesday, August 24th @ 1:00 - 2:00PM - Kindergarten Orientation/ Bus Ride
- Thursday, August 25th @ 11:00AM - 12:00PM - Open House (1st - 6th Grade Students)
- Monday, August 29th - First Day of School
- Tuesday, August 30th & Wednesday, August 31st - Back to School Nights
Aug 30th @ 5:45PM: Kindergarten & Grade 1
Aug 30th @ 7:15PM: Grade 2 & Grade 3
Aug 31st @ 5:45PM: Grade 4 & Grade 5
Aug 31st @ 7:15PM: Grade 6
- Friday, September 2nd: CBSD Schools Closed
- Monday, September 5th: CBSD Schools Closed (Labor Day)
- Friday, September 9th: First Friday, Spirit Day! Wear Gayman gear or Gayman colors (blue, purple, or white)
- Friday, September 9th @ 5:00PM: GHSA Popsicles on the Playground
- Monday, September 12th - Wednesday, September 14th: GHSA Book Fair
- Tuesday, September 26th: CBSD Schools Closed (Rosh Hashanah)
- Friday, September 30th: Picture Day
Join a GHSA Committee
Thank you to our Gayman families who took time to complete the Home and School End of the Year Survey. We are taking your feedback and are excited to bring back some events for this coming school year with a FUN new look and feel, as well as hosting many of the students favorites!
Please check out our webpage for more detailed event information.
These events are only successful with your help! We are looking for parent volunteers to be part of event committees to plan, organize, and host these events for the upcoming school year. Please note the clearances information for committees.
If you have any questions please contact the Home and School Board at GHSAinquiries@gmail.com
Gayman Home and School Association
Class Placement 2022-2023
In the summer months, student placement is finalized. Know that considerable time and attention went into creating well-balanced class groupings that consider the social, academic, and emotional needs of all students. The process began with parent input, and then, former homeroom teachers, along with our counselor, reading specialist, and special education teachers developed class lists.
As you know, all of our teachers are caring, capable, and highly qualified educators. Our job is to support our students by developing confident, capable individuals. I ask you to trust the process and celebrate your child's placement with your son/daughter.
On Monday, August 1st at 8:00AM the 2022-2023 class lists will be announced via the Parent Portal.
We look forward to the excitement that a new school year brings!
Parent Portal Account Information
To request a Parent Portal account, click on this link to a Request Form.
For information regarding recovering or resetting your username and password, click here for Infinite Campus Information.
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com
For any other questions, access the CBSD Parent Portal Information webpage.
In mid-August, "Find My Bus" will be available in the Parent Portal. Click here for more information about Transportation.
The Transportation tab in your Parent Portal Account will list your child(ren)'s the bus number, as well as pick up/drop off times.
Your child may ride only the bus to which he/she has been assigned unless an Alternate Bus Stop Request has been approved. The Central Bucks Transportation Department may approve requests for childcare or shared custody situations. A form must be submitted every year: Alternate Bus Stop Request.
Required Health Exams for New, 3rd, and 6th Grade Students
- Students entering kindergarten and all students new to the district: Dental and Physical Exams
- Students entering Grades 3 and 7: Dental Exam
- Students entering Grades 6 and 11: Physical Exam
The dental and physical forms can be found HERE. The completed health forms are due to Mrs. Sara Hedges, school nurse, no later than October 15, 2022. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child's Parent Portal account. Please keep a copy of the health forms for your records. Thank you!