Hygiene for Kids
Keeping Clothes Clean
- Don't wear clothes too long
- Change underclothes often
- The clothes will get stinky!
Don't Let Your Shoes Stink!
- Don't wear the same shoes everyday
- Let them dry out outside or they will start to smell
- Wash the to keep them smelling good
Keep Your Feet Clean
- Wash your feet often
- Get in between your toes
- Wear flip flops in public shower rooms or locker rooms to protect your feet from germs
Keep Smelling Good!
- Don't use perfume or body spray instead of taking a bath or shower
- Don't spray perfumes around others
- Use scented lotion after baths to help smell good and keep skin healthy
Don't Forget Your Hair!
- Wash your hair regularly
- Use shampoo, conditioner is optional, and scrub scalp
- Use a thick toothed comb to brush it while it's wet
Keep Smelly Breath Away!
- During the day fill your mouth with water a swish it around to get rid of anything sticking to your teeth.
- Brush twice a day
- after breakfast
- before bed
Dr. Kim says:
- With a clean body, clean hair, clean clothes and shoes, you will feel good and your friends will be happy to be near you.
- Keep your fingernails and toenails short and clean too.
Don't forget to follow all these rules to keep your body clean and healthy. Now, let's watch a short video!