ROP - February 2014
- Research design is largely predetermined
- Emphasis is on measurement of quantifiable variables
- Often, reliance is on control variables and one manipulated variable
- Results are analysed statistically
- Researchers are frequently external to the context
5 Steps in the Process of Data Collection
- Select the participants to be studied
- Obtain permission needed
- Consider the types of information to collect from several sources
- Locate and select the collection instruments to use
- Administer the data colleection
Sources of Quantitative Data
Creswell, J.W. (2012). Educational Research - Planning, Conducting and Evaluating Quanitative and Qualitative Research. India: PHI.
McNiff, J. (2010). Action Research for Professional Development - Concise advice for new and experienced action researchers. Dorset: September Books.
Mills, G.E. (2011). Action Research: A guide for the teacher researcher. (with MyEducationLab). (4th Ed). Upper Sadler River, NJ: Pearson/Allyn &Bacon.
Rodrique, A. (2013). Session 2 : Action Research. Reflections on Practice: A Women's Leadership Institute. Ontario: ETFO