Springville Public Library
Love Your Library This November
Expanded Library Hours! Call 467-2339 now to make your afternoon or evening appointment or message us on Facebook.
Beginning on November 9, 2020, The Springville Public Library is extending library appointment hours to include afternoon and evening appointments Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The hours will open our buildings for multiple patron appointments for patrons who wish to select materials and use library computers. Library programs that require building space will be held from 12:00-1:30, please check your calendar for availability during these hours.
Thank you for making Curbside service such a success! Springville Public Library will continue to offer Curbside Service remains available, Monday-Friday, 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM. Springville Library will also continue to provide "Mystery Bags" for patrons upon request.
Main Building Appointments: 467-2339
Children’s Annex Appointments: 467-7261
Springville Public Library Facebook
Events to love at your library this November...
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten - Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary, and building background knowledge—all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
SPL’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to five years can participate. Just follow these steps:
1. Register: Sign up at Springville Public Library and receive your program materials.
2. Track Your Reading: Write down each book you read with your child on your reading record or download the “1000 Books Before Kindergarten” app (for iPhone or Android).
3. Every Book Counts: Children are encouraged to read a wide variety of books to broaden their vocabularies, but if your child has a favorite book you can count it each time.
4. 100-Book Milestones: When you’ve read 100 books, bring your reading record to the library to receive a reward. Take home a new reading record for your next 100 books.
5. 1,000 Books: You did it! Come celebrate at the library for a certificate and extra special reward.
6. Keep on Reading: Don’t stop at 1,000! Keep on reading together; there’s more learning ahead!
Beginner Mat Yoga
Register now for Beginner Mat Yoga with Yoga by Nancy! Classes will meet at 12:00 p.m. on November 6th, 13th, and 20th. Space is limited; call 205-467-2339 to register.
Virtual Music & Movement
Join us online for Music & Movement with Mrs. Helen on Monday mornings this November-December to watch weekly videos with interactive songs and activities.
Please join our Storytime Group on Facebook to participate!