Peek at the Week
March 14-18th 4th Grade Mrs. Lanz
What's Coming Up
- Unit 6: working with angles and practicing our long division.
- Southeast Unit: the environment, resources, and culture of the region.
- Choice Essay and begin Inquiry Project
- Focus Question: How Things Change Over Time: Focusing on the Civil War, Underground Railroad and Civil Rights
- Looking at Poetry: Looking at emotion
- Small Book Group Focus: Inference and Main Idea
3/17 Sign up for conferences
3/18 Kids College Applications due
3/30 4:00pm -8:00pm Conferences
3/31 8:00 am-4:00pm Conferences
Spring Break April 1-10
MCA Testing: April 19-20th, April 26-27th (please make sure students are in school those days)
Spring Conference Form and Parent Input
Conferences are coming!
Wednesday, March 30 from 4:00pm - 8:00pm
and Thursday, March 31 from 8:00am - 4:00pm. This is different than what is listed in the district calendar.
Please look for conference sign up instructions from teachers and through the Thursday Folder later this month.
Parent Input Forms for 2016-2017 Class Assignments:
Parents who feel there is special information we need to know about their child regarding their classroom placement next fall can fill out this form. Please understand that any specific teacher requests will cause this form to be discarded.
Sunset Hill form
Message from the Music Room
The Spring Morning Choir practices will begin on Thursday, March 17. This is different than an earlier published date of March 10.
The morning choir time is Thursdays @ 8:15-9:00am in the music room
The morning choir is open to any 4th or 5th grader (boys and girls) who loves to sing! See Mrs. Gehrz for more information on how to sign up.
Passwords and Usernames for Reading at Home Online
Math skills are organized by standard and will be assigned in class and occasionally for homework.