RES Staff Update
January 29-February 2, 2018
Staff Dress for This Week
Tuesday-Team Shirt Tuesday with jeans or professional dress
Thursday-Jeans for everyone that attends Spring Creek Night on Tuesday (includes take-out) or Professional dress
Friday-RES spirit shirt or PTO spirit shirt with jeans
Superintendent's Fun Run
The following information was shared at our DLT meeting:
· This year’s event has a 5k and a 1 mile, family-friendly run, with more affordable pricing.
· The 5k offers an adult and student cost. The 1 mile is $5 for each participant.
· Shirts can be purchased for $10 and are the same soft fabric as in previous years. This year the color is grey.
· The sleep-in pass is an option for those who know they cannot be at the race on March 24 but would still like to make a donation to the event. Your campus or department will get credit for this as a participant.
· Additional donations to the event can be made on the registration form.
· Individuals whose registrations/donations total or exceed $100.00 will be part of the Superintendent’s Century Club and will receive special recognition at the event.
The students especially love having their teachers call numbers. I'll need 7 teachers who are willing to do this. The first game starts at 6:00 pm. If you are interested, please let me know.
Please consider supporting this event to show our PTO that we really are a "Parent, Teacher Organization". Just stopping in and mingling means a lot. There is an entrance fee which gives you a book of 10 games. Staff that volunteers will not be charged the admission fee. The Bingo committee would love having help with selling games as well if calling numbers is not your thing. Please let me know if you are interested in either as soon as possible.
Here is the information to make purchases:
- Click on this link https://squareup.com/store/robison-elementary-pto/ to visit our online Bingo Store to purchase your admissions*, preorder whole pizzas, and purchase tickets to be used that night for drinks, candy, popcorn, slice pizza and additional Bingo Game Books. Additional tickets will be sold at Bingo Night. Most concessions are 1 ticket, with slice pizza and extra Bingo Books 2 tickets.
- Doors open at 5:30 pm with the first game starting at 6:30 pm. We have some great Bingo prizes, such as a family bowling pack, car wash gift certificates, Stanley Steemer package, store/restaurant gift cards, and so much more! And, our blackout bingo game prize is an iPad 9.7" Retina Display!
- * There are 2 admission items: (1)Ages 5 and up are $5 each and include 1 admission wristband, 1 Bingo dauber, and 1 book of Bingo game sheets. Wristband required for admission.
(2)Ages 4 and Under – we need an accurate attendance number, so please if you are bringing children ages 4 and under, click on this admission item in addition to the ages 5 and up and enter the number attending that are 4 and under. Children ages 4 and under are free, but we need to include them in our count.
Kristin and Danny
If you did not record the events from last week's RES Staff Update, please look back over that to make the changes to your calendar. These are additional changes that you'll need to make on your calendar. Thank you for keeping up with these important dates.
January 29-Para meeting @ 8:05 in the portable
January 30-8:00 meeting to announce Robison's Teacher of the Year (library)
Upcoming Lip Sync Battles
Schedule for Lip Sync Battles (in the cafeteria) on Friday, February 2nd
2:00 4th & 5th
2:30 2nd & 3rd
3:00 PK, Kindergarten & 1st
Thank you to everyone for a fabulous first round of e-track! The energy throughout the building was exciting to see.
Thank you to all of our teachers involved with the GT Showcase. Your extra efforts to prepare the students for this district event are appreciated! Thank you to Courtney Nespeca for organizing this for our campus!
Here is the link to the hub: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/Njk2MzE4MDE5Nlpa/p/NzAyNjg1MzMzN1pa/details
Upcoming Twitter Challenge (Week of January 29-February 2)
The week of January 29-February 2, we'll continue with our daily tweet challenge. During this week, you will earn a ticket for every tweet (up to 2 per day). The "tickets" will actually be stickers for our Super Bowl squares. The Super Bowl squares have been a tradition at Robison. Instead of the t-shirt, you'll be competing for a square on one of our Super Bowl boards. Prizes for the winners will be given out for each quarter. This is the same concept that you have played with other Super Bowl squares, except the prizes are not monetary. Prizes will include: Sonic Drink (1st quarter), Week of Jeans (halftime), Lunch on Robison (3rd quarter), and Sonic drink+week of jeans+lunch on Robison (final score). We will have as many boards as we need.
Be sure to get your tweets in on Friday by the end of the day so you'll be able to get your sticker!
Extra stickers will be given for the tweets with the most likes! We'll use this method for filling in any empty squares.
Get ready to tweet!
Thank you for a great 1st session of e-track. The remaining dates are:
Wednesday, January 31
Wednesday, February 7
Tuesday, February 13
Thursday, March 1 (rescheduled from January 17)
All sessions will take place from 3:00 to 3:45.
The School Improvement and Accountability Department will be launching the PBIS Effective Behavior (EBS) Survey on Tuesday, January 16th. The EBS Survey window will close on Friday, January 26th.
This survey is so important to our campus' growth with PBIS. I encourage all of you to complete the survey. We are aiming for 100% participation, and if we can do this, everyone will earn a day of "comfy dress" (athletic wear or jeans).
The results from our EBS Survey are instrumental in our continued refinement of the implementation of the PBIS process on our campus.