Volume 1 Issue 8
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
The weather is beginning to warm, the flowers are beginning to bloom, and spring is in the air! We are SO excited to have our students back in-person 5 days a week. It has been a journey and I appreciate everyone's hard work throughout this pandemic.
This update of the Wilder Blast includes information about:
-Virtual MAP Testing
-Field Day Information
It is a great time to be a Wildcat!
I look forward to continuing to meet each of you in some way this school year. We are all a part of #TeamWilder!
- Student devices and chargers should be sent to school on Friday, April 16. We will keep the devices and chargers at school starting this day through MAP testing. This will help with storage and charging of devices during this time.
- Provide consistency for your child at home--bedtime, meals, activities, etc.
- Encourage your child to eat breakfast. As a reminder, breakfast is provided FREE of charge each day to all students.
- Attendance is important. Any student who arrives late or is absent on a testing day will not be able to test with their class.
- Layer for success. We encourage students to bring a coat or other items to layer in case they get cold during the testing time.
Week of April 19 - ELA (Grades 3, 4, 5)
Week of April 26 - Math (Grades 3, 4, 5)
Week of May 3 - Science (Grade 5 only)
Virtual MAP Testing
- Tuesday, April 20 @ 9-12 (Grades 3, 4, 5)
- Tuesday, April 27 @ 9-12 (Grades 3, 4, 5)
- Tuesday, May 4 @ 9-11 (Grades 4, 5)
- Tuesday, May 11 (Make-up date)
- If your child is a special education student, please contact Mrs. David at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on their testing schedule.
- District issued Chromebook & charging cord
- Dress in layers for temperature fluctuations
- Students will need to enter the building between 8:45-9:00 using Door #7
- Parents cannot enter the school building, but can wait in your vehicle or return at 12:00 to pick up your child.
- Students should arrive no later than 9:00 to ensure they are able to test. Students who arrive late will be required to make up their testing session on another date.
Field Day Information
Field Day Is On!
After a school year unlike any other, we are excited to share that we will be able to have Field Day this year! It will look and feel a bit different from past years but we’ll be outside together, having fun and celebrating another amazing year as Wildcats! Mark your calendars for Thursday, May 20th (rain date of Friday May 21st). Our PTA committee and staff are working on plans and schedules, but here’s what you can do now and how you can help us make this a great event for the entire Wilder community:
- Make Plans to Volunteer: We will need lots of help to make this all-outdoors event happen so please block your calendar and look for an online sign up to be send soon! To keep schedules simple and to minimize movement, we’ll have one volunteer shift (10a – 2p) and all volunteers will need to be screened upon arrival, wear masks, and follow social distancing rules. In addition, all volunteers MUST complete a volunteer application with the district in advance. If you are not on the list of approved volunteers, you won’t be able to help so please visit the district website for next steps.
- T-Shirt Sizes: The PTA will provide a specially-designed Field Day t-shirt for each student and staff member; if you haven’t already, please take a few minutes and complete this form so we have your child’s accurate size. And yes, we will be selling shirts to volunteers – more info to come!
Field Day T-Shirt Form
Again, this is FREE and all students will receive a t-shirt. Thank you PTA!
Join Us For Explore 2021
Make Explore part of your summer plans
This summer, Explore will offer students exciting opportunities to pursue their unique interests and passions. Each day will be packed with engaging, relevant and personal learning opportunities, including free Artworks classes.
There will be two sessions of Explore. Session I is scheduled for June 7-30. Session II will be held July 7-July 30.
Students in grades 3 through 8 have the opportunity to enroll in free Artworks classes at two locations—Cowden Elementary School or Sequiota Elementary School.
Elementary students will attend Explore classes Monday through Friday from 8:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. (except Pershing, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.). Wilder students will attend Explore at Pershing. Registration is now open.
Middle school students will attend Explore classes Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Registration for middle school students begins March 3.
High school students may register for Explore classes beginning March 1.
Register for Explore classes at www.sps.org/Explore.
April 5 - 16 - Virtual Book Fair
April 7 - Complete t-shirt order form for Field Day
April 8 - PTA General Mtg. @ 9:30 via zoom
April 19 - May 7 - MAP testing
May 13 - PTA General Mtg. @ 9:30 via zoom
May 20 - Field Day
May 21 - Field Day (rain reschedule day, if needed)
Wilder Staff Shoutout Board
In The News
Community Information & Flyers
Wilder Facebook Page
Click Here to find our Facebook page.
Wilder Twitter Page
Click Here to find our Twitter page.
Click Here to find the Wilder website.