Fourth Grade with Ms. Gonzalez
Exploring STEM Education
I am excited to be your student's new Science Technology Engineering and Math teacher! My goal is to incorporate language arts into a fun, inquiry based science learning environment.
What our STEM class looks like
Each week, I aim to achieve the following goals...
- Have students investigate and make sense of the natural world by using hands on and resource based skills
- Maximize Science and Language Arts comprehension overlap
- Utilize technology to the fullest
- Practice the 4 differentiated modalities of learning Do-It, Talk-It, Read-It and Write-It
This class will follow this general weekly model
- Students are introduced to our weekly experiment/project and begin research
- Students complete all the necessary preparations for the experiment/project to follow including summaries of procedures, materials and safety
- Students conduct experiment/project and record all that has happened in their notebooks
- Students begin analyzing results and observations as a prelude to discussion. These things are recorded on their tablets.
- Students begin rough drafts
- Students finish/submit final draft on the topic that was followed in the project/experiment
My name is Ms. Gonzalez and I am a new teacher here at St. Mary's. I have high expectations and am always willing to assist your child in any way I can to achieve their best. I am happy to meet with you though I ask that you follow the10-24 rule. If our meeting will take longer than 10 minutes, you will need to notify me 24 hours in advance simply by emailing or calling me.