BCHS Staff Newsletter
April 10, 2016
Week in Review
Congrats to Kendal Muxlow for earning All Thumb honors for girls' basketball. There are only 6 players selected to this team each year (from Sanilac, Tuscola, and Huron counties), and this is voted on by the local media members that cover the thumb area. Great job Kendal and the girls' coaching staff!
SLO's & Data & Observations
If I haven't completed your formal observation yet, I will be in sometime the next few weeks to wrap those up. If there is a specific day/time you would like me to come in just let me know.
Our spring testing window is finally here. I appreciate everything all of you have done to help prepare our students for their test(s). If you have a grade that still has time until their test(s), please continue to work on the review, test prep, and computer practice needed.
Bob and Sheryl will be grabbing several kids throughout the day on Monday to complete their bubble sheets prior to taking the SAT/PSAT. We had many students who were absent or did not get these completed prior to spring break (some materials were not delivered until during break, and more will be arriving Monday).
Important testing days for the week of April 11th:
April 12th--Juniors (SAT) & 8th Grade M-STEP
April 13th--Juniors (Work Keys & M-STEP), Sophomores/Freshman (PSAT)
April 14th--Juniors with accommodations will complete Work Keys
Schedules for each of these days will be attached in this newsletter email for you. Please double check where you are responsible for, and if you have students (not testing) have a lesson prepared for them to do while they are with you. There will be NO hallway travel in testing areas if you have students that are not testing.
Seniors schedule this week:
Tuesday--Field Trip to SkyZone (Lisa and Susan Chaperon)
Wednesday--Don't Report--Complete community service if not already completed
Here are the links again that you should be using in grades 7, 8, & 11:
**Math and ELA people please email me letting me know that you have watched the CAT (computer adaptive test) video for your content area.**
Attachments with Newsletter
- I have attached Groups for the grades NOT testing on Tuesday.
- I also attached a copy of your assignment for Tuesday (I had emailed this prior to break).
- I have also attached grades NOT testing for Wednesday.
- I also attached a copy of your assignment for Wednesday (I had emailed this prior to break).
- The grades that ARE testing, those room assignments will be posted in the hallway/meeting area the morning of their test day.
Library This Week
Monday/Thursday/Friday are normal library schedule
We will be sending a team to present why we deserve to win the Rookie All Star award for the state. If we win, then we will go onto Nationals in St. Louis for the same presentation at a higher level.
If you would like to buy a DevilBots shirt, we do have some extras for sale. They are $20.
Track Invitational Friday
- April 11-15--Bus Duty--L. Haxer
- April 11--Student of the Week--J. Jones (any grade)
- April 11--Bob and Sheryl will be pulling kids to finish filling out testing forms
- April 12--Senior Field Trip to SkyZone
- April 12-13--Different Lunch Schedule due to testing
- April 12-13--No Career Center Bus
- April 12, 13, 14--No Bells due to testing
- April 12--11th Grade SAT & 8th Grade M-Step
- April 13--11th Grade M-Step/Work Keys & 10th Grade PSAT & 9th Grade PSAT
- April 13--Seniors DO NOT have to report to school
- April 13--No directed study due to testing
- April 14--Testing for Junior with accommodations who will take the Work Keys
- April 14--Neil gone in PM for County Principals' Meeting
- April 15--FIRST Robotics State Finals in Grand Rapids (presentation team going for Rookie All Star presentation, will only be 4-6 kids)\
- April 15--Fire Drill 10:05 (during transition of classes)
- April 15--Brown City Track Invitational
- April 15-16--Quiz Bowl States at East Lansing
- April 18-22--Bus Duty--S. Oligney
- April 18--Student of the Week--A. Troshak (any grade)
- April 18--Academic Games at SVSU
- April 19--8th Grade ELA M-STEP (until approx. 10:15)
- April 19--6th Grade Parent Meeting in HS at 6:30
- April 20--8th Grade ELA M-STEP (until approx. 10:45)
- April 20--Directed Study 5th hour
- April 25-29--Bus Duty--A. Prowse
- April 25--Student of the Week--N. Kohler (any grade)
- April 26--8th Grade Math M-STEP (until approx. 10:45)
- April 26--April Board Meeting @ 7:00
- April 27--8th Grade Math M-STEP (until approx. 9:45)
- April 27--Directed Study 6th hour
- April 29--Honors' Banquet @ 7:00
- April 30--Prom
- May 13--Early Dismissal (1:00), Staff PD from 1:10-3:00
- May 19--Seniors' Last Day
- May 22--Graduation Ceremony @ 2:00
Homework Help Lab
Tuesday/Thursday Mornings in Lori's new room. 7:15-8:00 am
This will cause some students to be past the double doors, but Jesse is there monitoring this and will let them up if needed. Also, any other teachers that have students coming for help in the morning, just have them let Jesse know when they ask to go up early. This will not be an issue, and I encourage you to work with your struggling students.
Tuesday/Thursday Afternoons in Library. 3:15-4:00 pm
Jarrod will be running the morning sessions and Lou will be running the afternoon sessions. Any other teachers are also welcome to help with this. Thanks.
Magic Club--Tuesdays and Thursdays
Super Smash Bros Club--Fridays