2019-2020 Parent Newsletter
March 13, 2020 - Issue #29
Congratulations to the following classes for earning Golden Tickets:
- Ms. Montemayor (101)
- Ms. Gase (101)
- Mrs. Outlaw (100)
- Ms. Field
- Mrs. Hernandez
- Mrs. Rohne (100)
Campus Total: 3465
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 605
2nd Grade: 806
3rd Grade: 947
Congratulations to third grade for earning the most Golden Tickets! If our campus earns at 4,000 Golden Tickets by May 15th we will have an ice cream party!
SPRING BREAK IS MARCH 16TH-20TH...ENJOY YOUR BREAK VIKINGS!
3RD Grade Spring Musical and Project Vinatta
Our Project Vinatta student group started the performance off with a skit, written by the student group. The title of the skit was "Start with Hello". You can read more in the "Counselor's Corner" about the purpose behind the skit, and what students are learning in PLCs.
3rd grade musical
- Travis County ESD
- Lago Vista Police Department
- Jonestown Police Department
- City of Lago Vista
- Balcones Wildlife and Refuge
Students were excited to hear about how these different agencies help our community, and got to tour each of the vehicles! See below for some pictures of this event...
Stay Healthy Vikings!
Health officials emphasize that the best way to protect yourself against the coronavirus is to take the same measures you take to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold or the flu, which includes:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe; and
- Staying at home when you are sick.
Lago Vista ISD and our custodial services provider, Aramark, are working together to ensure that we maintain a clean learning environment for students and staff by providing additional staff to increase sanitizing of frequently touched objects and surfaces. That said, the most effective measure to prevent the spread of illnesses is ensuring that anyone who is ill stays at home. As a reminder, the District follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or higher, or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for twenty-four (24) hours, without the use of medications.
Updated information from the CDC on the coronavirus virus can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. The most recent information about coronavirus in Texas may be found at: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/.
- Monday, March 23 at 6:30 pm at Viking Hall
- Thursday, April 2 at 6:00 pm at Lago Vista Elementary
- Monday, April 20 at 6:00 pm at the PAC
You can also find more information about the bond by clicking on the following link:
Voter Registration Must Be Postmarked by April 2nd!
As you are probably aware, the Lago Vista ISD Board of Trustees called for a bond election to be held on May 2, 2020. In order to vote, you must be registered (and reside within the District boundaries). To register in time for this election, simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and drop it in the mail by Thursday, April 2nd. Applications are available at your child’s school, public libraries, post office, and other state/county government offices.
You may also fill out an online voter registration by visiting https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp,
but you must also print it, sign it, and mail it to the Travis County Tax Office, located at 5501 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX, 78751-1410.
PK/Kindergarten Round-Up - April 2nd
There are additional eligibility requirements for Pre-K students. If you have specific questions about registration, please contact our registrar, Christine Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing all of our future Vikings on April 2nd!
TxConnect is Now Ascender
ASCENDER has taken over with a few changes.
- The app for your cell phone no longer works. The company is working on creating another one.
- Until the app is created, you must go through the district website. www.lagovistaisd.net
- On the Main Page, go to Parent Connection, halfway down the page on the left.
- On new page, scroll down about halfway, look for Keeping Track of Grades. You will then click on the ASCENDER link.
- Log in like you normally did with TxConnect.
- If you have any questions or trouble, please call 512-267-8300 #2503.
Don't Mess With Texas K-12 Art Contest
2020-2021 academic calendar now available!
Yearbooks are available to order!!
Deadline: April 6, 2020
A new feature this year is the ability to add personalized pages to your child’s yearbook. These pages will only be in the yearbook you order.
Don’t forget to submit your pictures to the Facebook page or by email.
Yearbook 2019-2020 Lago Vista Elementary
Lost and Found
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Hello LVES Families!
On Thursday our Project Vinátta kindness coalition performed a skit they have been working on called, “Start With Hello.” We want to encourage all kids to notice if someone is sitting alone, or looks like they could use a friend, and say hello. We also want to encourage all kids to use or notice if anyone is sitting on the Buddy Bench at recess. That is the bench that students can sit on if they are needing a buddy to play with, or just interested in talking with someone!
In our guidance classes this month we are learning about the character trait of Trustworthiness. At home, it is important to help your child understand who it is safe to trust in their family and community. Children should always be able to trust their parents or guardians. We should listen to them when they need to talk, and show them they can trust us.
Hope you all have a wonderful Spring Break!
“If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.” ~C.M. Wallace
¡Hola familias de LVES!
El jueves, nuestra coalición de amabilidad del Proyecto Vinátta realizó una obra de teatro en la que han estado trabajando, llamada "Comience con Hola". Queremos alentar a todos los niños a que se den cuenta si alguien está sentado solo, o parece que podrían usar a un amigo, y saludar. También queremos alentar a todos los niños a usar o notar si alguien está sentado en el banco de amigos en el recreo. ¡Ese es el banco en el que los estudiantes pueden sentarse si necesitan un amigo para jugar, o simplemente si están interesados en hablar con alguien!
En nuestras clases de orientación este mes estamos aprendiendo sobre el rasgo de carácter de Confianza. En casa, es importante ayudar a su hijo a entender en quién es seguro confiar en su familia y comunidad. Los niños siempre deben poder confiar en sus padres o tutores. Debemos escucharlos cuando necesiten hablar y demostrarles que pueden confiar en nosotros.
¡Espero que todos tengan unas maravillosas vacaciones de primavera!
"Si no escuchas con entusiasmo las pequeñas cosas cuando son pequeñas, no te dirán las cosas grandes cuando son grandes, porque para ellos todo siempre ha sido algo grande.” ~C.M. Wallace
- Tuesday, March 24th: John Self
If you are interested in signing up to be a Watch DOG, please contact Ms. Howard (email@example.com) to check available dates.
Attendance at LVES
We took a little dip in our attendance this week. Enjoy this Spring Break to rest and stay healthy!
Attendance for week of 3/6-3/12: 93%
Grade Level Attendance:
First Grade: 95%
Second Grade: 92%
Third Grade: 95%
For more information on why attendance matters for your child and our school, along with the difference between an excused and unexcused absence, click on the following links:
LVES Office Hours
Marcy Kuske, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Christine Harris, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- March 16th-20th: SPRING BREAK
- March 27th: Report Cards go home
- April 1st: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- April 2nd: PK/Kindergarten Round Up for 2020-2021 school year
- April 3rd: Field Day for 2nd and 3rd Grade (no rain out date will be scheduled)
- April 6th: 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- April 7th: Kindergarten Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farm (rescheduled from Fall)
- April 9th: Kinder/1st Grade Field Day (no rain out date will be scheduled)
- April 9th: LVISD GT Showcase and Health & Wellness Fair; 6:00 pm at LVHS MAC
- April 10th: Good Friday, Student/Staff Holiday