Harris Weekly Update
Aug. 15 - 19
This Week at Harris
Early Release @1:55 PM
StuCo & PTSO Peter Piper Pizza Fundraiser 4:00-6:30
Parent Workshops at Harris!
Upcoming Events at Harris
Site Council Meeting, 3:15 (Library)
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (District)
Here Comes the Bus!
We are excited to announce the introduction of ‘Here Comes the Bus’, a new service for our families whose students ride the school bus. For the beginning of the 2022/23 school year, this service will be available to all bus riders in 7-12 grade and will be rolled out to elementary students during the school year, with updates to follow.
We will continue to update our community on this new service.
District Preschool Programs
Adding Funds to Your Child's Lunch Account
Community Excellence Awards Nominations
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!