Let's make a PACT
PACT for Prevention
P- Plan ahead
A- Avoid harmful substances
C- Choose a healthy lifestyle
T- Talk with your healthcare provider
Plan head ? ........... Take 400 micro grams of folic acid EVERY DAY.
* Folic acid is a "B vitamin".
* Suggested to be taken a month before planning pregnancy, or during pregnancy.
* Can prevent MAJOR birth defects.
Avoid harmful substances?.... Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs at ANY time.
* There is NO known SAFE amount of alcohol intake DURING and before pregnancy.
* Smoking & drugs can cause birth defects and infant death.
Choose a healthy lifestyle.... Make GOOD life changing choices
* Strive to reach and maintain a health weight.
* Both can put your baby at high risks.
Talk with your healthcare provider... Ask your doctor QUESTIONS
* Talk to a healthcare provider about vaccinations(shots).
* Pregnant women are more prone to severe illness.